Thread: 95 cobra 201D

95 cobra 201D

Hey guys I’m looking at a 95 201D with a 2005 Yamaha hpdi vmax 225. I’m looking for any tips on what questions to ask and what to look for. Any input on that year would be great I know it’s an older model but I’ve always liked the setup of those boats and I don’t see to many go up for sale. I plan on getting it to a mech to give it a once over compressor test and etc thanks.

2. Member
    Check the splash basin tubes. If they are plastic...go over transom very carefully. Cant believe they used the plastic tubes. They back off and leak.

Buddy has a 95 201D. I would guess the motor has 2500 hours on it (does guide work) and couldn't guess on total usage hours of boat. Boat is pristine. Not one stress crack, nada.

His boat has the tube frame trailer and it is trashed. He is selling the Cobra to get another boat. Basically because the trailer is done and the EFI merc doesn't/wont idle. Motor has been to numerous wrenches and numerous bills later, still wont idle. Great hull though!!

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply I got some more pics of the boat and decided to pass the transom had been rebuilt with what looked like a metal reinforced brace and had a little to much wear for the price listed. He couldn’t tell me hours on the motor either I think with a little patience I’ll find a better looking boat.

4. Member
    Sounds like that boat is a nightmare waiting for another owner.