Campground in Tennessee

Coming up for the BASS Open in May and need a campground. I have a small self contained truck camper that I prefer to unload and use on the jacks. I need a safe place to camp but prefer to be, or at least feel secluded.
    I saw Bluewater and Boo and Bittys both extremely close to the ramp in Dayton. Bluewater seems like a busy, overpriced RV park. Not out of the question but figured I’d seek local guidance. Any good State parks nearby? Any experience with the two I mentioned? Other suggestions?

2. Member
    I stayed in the rooms and Bluewater and they have there own ramp and store. The campground had mostly trailers in it and a lot of them looked like seasonal to me. Everybody that worked there was super nice and if you talk to them they might have a option for what you want. It seemed like there was a sign for a smaller campground a few miles up the road from them.

3. Member
    Bluewater is top notch. I have stayed there twice and can't wait to go back in March.

4. Member
    Seems like Bluewater is well liked. Would you recommend it over a state park? Boo and Bitty’s?

5. Member
    Bluewater has everything you need. Restraunt gas cabins. i hope to get there next month.

Quote Originally Posted by perfect-storm View Post
    Seems like Bluewater is well liked. Would you recommend it over a state park? Boo and Bitty’s?
    I believe the closest state park that has camping is going to be Harrison Bay. It has a nice campground but you are going to have a 45 minute drive to Dayton. We stayed at a cabin at Bluewater several years ago, as stated above it's a good place to stay right at mid-lake and close to the ramp.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

7. Member
    Thanks everyone for the replies and info.