Re-powering with a 2019 225 pro xs torquemaster

Ive been trying to decide between the 2019 Yamaha 225 sho or the 2019 Mercury 225 pro xs torquemaster. My motor is pretty much shot. Dealer installed a new powerhead on an etec when I purchased my Triton tr20x limited addition on July ‘17. Well #6 went boom on month 13 of a 12 month warranty. Dealer refused to help me out on the situation other than telling me he would put another new powerhead on at cost. I guess he thought I was stupid or something. Like I’m gonna pay for a new powerhead when the first one lasted 13 months!? So then I have a buddy that’s been a mechanic 30 plus years that repaired #6 pulling some strings with BRP to get the parts at cost. Five hours in the break-in #2 said boom! I decided this motor is crap and I’m done with it! My buddy has no idea what is going on or why this is happening. He said we’ll work out what he did on the new motor install. Last week I absolutely blew my phone up calling dealers on these two motors. Nobody has a Mercury or Yamaha in stock anywhere that I’ve found. They’re all telling me up to 12 months to get one. Finally I found a highly rated and highly respected dealer in TN that’s had (4) 225s on order since July and said they’re due in in March. I explained my situation to them and they let me latch on to one of them. Ive since been doing some research on this motor and it seems to be a very nice and reliable monster that has a 5 year warranty special going on until March 31st. Has any of you guys purchased a 225 or 250 to give me a little feedback? Thanks for any help guys!

2. Member
    ive installed some they are strong low end but also use lower pitch props was not impressed with top end over PXS mtrs , but then again im not a 4 stroke guy, try the 4 stroke section 3 down the list for more info
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Yeah, I overlooked the four stoke section before I started this thread. I may be wrong but what I’ve been told by several Mercury and Yamaha dealers is they will soon no long be make their 2 stroke engines any longer. Going to the 4 stroke all together. I appreciate the info!