1999 cobra 190 ACC swich

Hey folks,

I found out my livewell has an added pump out pump. However I can't seem to turn it on. The pump is not broke and works but I can't find a switch to turn it on. The ACC switch doesn't turn it on however there are wires going to the ACC switch (red light doesn't turn on when I activate he switch). I was wondering how you can remove this switch so I can get to the wires to do some trouble shooting. It has 4-5 wires going to it.

2. Member
    Mine was like this too. It was a mess actually. I think the wires that went to that switch ran the livewell lights and the pump out. Wires were cut and crossed. I finally removed those wires and put my pump out bilge on aligator clips and just connect it as needed to fill up the bag... turn it off.... then take out the fish.
    Not the right way. But it works until I decide to take the time to rewire that entire mess someday.

3. Member
    I googled boat wiring diagrams/colors. Going by some of the colors i'm not sure if this switch goes to that pump or not. It has a black wire with a yellow strip on it, which looked like an ignition wire. Should the light on the switch turn on even if nothing is connected to it? There is also an ACC switch at the front of the boat. Are these 2 switches wired together?

4. Member
    I read you can have a breaker box below the console. I see something that looks like a breaker box (has a button in the middle that says to reset), Could something be wrong with this? I have never messed with or seen a breaker box on a boat before (this is my 1st bass boat).

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kylelp View Post
    I googled boat wiring diagrams/colors. Going by some of the colors i'm not sure if this switch goes to that pump or not. It has a black wire with a yellow strip on it, which looked like an ignition wire. Should the light on the switch turn on even if nothing is connected to it? There is also an ACC switch at the front of the boat. Are these 2 switches wired together?
    I'm sure you have, but make sure you have the master power switch 'On'. Mine has a switch that has to be on for most of the other switches to work. Second, if it is an ignition wire running to the switch, have you tried to turn the switch on with the ignition in the 'On' position. It would seem weird for a pump to be wired that way but it could be.

Also, can you clarify the question about the switch not having anything connected to it? It will still need a pos and neg but if it has that, it will still light up regardless if there is a pump connected to it...unless the light is out or the wires are hooked up wrong.

Finally, hang in there. Wiring on boats can get frustrating quickly, especially when they've been hacked on by previous owners.

6. Member
    Sorry, when i said nothing is connected to it i mean nothing turns on. There are lots of wires going to the switch. Right now the light doesn't turn on when i acitavte the switch, i've tried it all sorts away with the power and the ignition. Which means it not getting any power at all, i will start here first, at least try and get the light to turn on.

I know its easier to just rewire a switch to the pump but the wiring of the pumps and everything looks professionally done, and the boat is in good shape. I feel its something minor to fix to make it work they way it is suppose to.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kylelp View Post
    Sorry, when i said nothing is connected to it i mean nothing turns on. There are lots of wires going to the switch. Right now the light doesn't turn on when i acitavte the switch, i've tried it all sorts away with the power and the ignition. Which means it not getting any power at all, i will start here first, at least try and get the light to turn on.

I know its easier to just rewire a switch to the pump but the wiring of the pumps and everything looks professionally done, and the boat is in good shape. I feel its something minor to fix to make it work they way it is suppose to.
    Gotcha. A multimeter will be your friend in that case. There are some cheap ones out there if you don't already have one. Don't rely solely on the light in the switch, make sure you are actually getting 12v to the switch.

8. Member
    omg i feel so dumb, the (i think) breaker box below had a button that was pushed out. Pushed it back in like the rest of them and the switch works now