Thread: Lake James ?

Banned

Lake James ?

Any of you guys fish lake James . How’s the fishing and is it crazy busy with recreation boaters . Just trying to find a place outside of Ohio to take family on vacation and looks like there may at least be restaurants and some other activities around there ..

In the summer it is busy, but you can always find a place to fish. Fishing can be really good, or really bad depending on the day. I'd avoid holiday weekends, and for that matter weekends in the summer.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

3. Member
    Id vote for the Coldwater Chain in MI before James. Not that much further. It has been years that Ive been up there, so cant help with the fishing. Its big enough to find an area to yourself. Those are idle zones going thru one lake to another, even though we didn't pay much attention to that fishing tourneys. Used to be fishing the isolated weed patches would win with pitching 4" worms, but that's been years ago
    Last edited by brushsjigs; 02-04-2019 at 06:17 AM.

James is my favorite chain of lakes to fish, before Memorial Day, and after Labor Day...it is a nice area with lots to do (Pokagon State Park). If you go, I'd try to stay during the week if you plan on being on the water. Like it was mentioned, avoid Holiday weekends like the plague. Clear water, sandy beaches and sandbars. Its a gem of a lake system.

2018 Cougar FTD/V8 250 Pro XS
    Colin Maple, Ft. Wayne IN
    IRONHEAD JIG Co. EST 2010