Thread: FWC meetings

FWC meetings

Friend just sent me this list of FWC meetings, Anyone heard about these?
    2-6 Kissimmee County Com. chambers

2-7 Okeechobee County civic center

2-13 Sebring Ben Harris Civic Center

2-26 Eustis Community Center

Gainesville TBD

All meetings from 5:30-8:30

I have only heard about the meeting in Gainesville the end of the month..

2. Member
    We've got their attention now. they've set up these meeting to be more "user friendly" . It will be a lot more convenient for everyone.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

3. Member
    6to8pm.Indian river state college cnf.and educ. Center 2229 n.w.ninth ave.see the 6th there is a second one on Feb 7th from 5:30 to 8:30 for anFWC.about cmmunity concerns on herbicide treatment.not sure of location but might be same location.

Something needs to happen Highlands county was spraying Istokpoga today right behind my house.

5. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    • A little extra info
    • Feb. 6 – Kissimmee: County Commission Chambers, fourth-floor Osceola County Administration Building, 1 Courthouse Square
    • Feb. 7 – Okeechobee: Okeechobee County Civic Center, 1750 U.S. Highway 98 N.
    • Feb. 13 – Sebring: Bert J. Harris, Jr. Agri-Civic Center, 4509 George Blvd.
    • Feb. 26 – Eustis: Eustis Community Center, 601 Northshore Dr.

Gainesville, Feb 19th, changed to Feb 21 at 8;30 AM
    Last edited by rtlgator; 02-13-2019 at 08:52 AM.

7. Member
    Who is going to todays meeting?

8. Member
    I thought I had read where the gov had put a temporary cease and desist on spraying. I guess I missed some of the details. Good luck in the meetings. For those that can, please join the fight. I'm from KY and have enjoyed coming down here and there over the years but the last few years has been very concerning with what I see and I feel for you guys down there. Good luck.

Just following up on Gainesville meeting, seems like they are having two, one on the 20th and the other on the 21st. Agenda item for spraying is on the second day, Thursday the 21st, meeting starts at 8:30 AM.....
    4200 NW 97th Blvd, Best Western Grand, is just off I-75
    Last edited by rtlgator; 02-13-2019 at 08:54 AM.

10. Member
    There are TWO meetings , One is the 19 at 5:30-8:30 pm and One at 8:30am the 21st
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

??

FWC to meet Feb. 20-21 in Gainesville

Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission sent this bulletin at 02/13/2019 08:30 AM ESTFeb. 13, 2019

Suggested Tweet: Fish & #wildlife meeting open to public on 2/20 and 2/21 in #Gainesville. @MyFWC: https://content.govdelivery.com/acco...letins/22f49b4 #Florida
    FWC to meet Feb. 20-21 in Gainesville
    The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) will meet Feb. 20-21 at the Best Western Gateway Grand, 4200 NW 97th Blvd., Gainesville, FL 32606. The meeting begins at 8:30 a.m. each day and is open to the public.
    The FWC is committed to providing opportunity for public input at each Commission meeting for items on the agenda as well as other items. Time is allotted for public speakers after each agenda item each day. At the end of the meeting on the first day, Feb. 20, the Commission will also provide time for public comment on subjects not on the agenda. Those who wish to offer comments during this period will be asked to make sure their comments are not related to any agenda item. Public comments on the second day are to be specific to agenda items.
    As standard practice, public speaking is organized using the established speaker registration process and time limits. To accommodate as much input as possible from those attending, the Chairman reserves the right to designate the amount of time given to each speaker, including time donation to other speakers.
    For the full Feb 20-21 agenda and links to background reports, go to MyFWC.com/Commission and select “Commission Meetings.” Those who cannot attend can follow coverage at Twitter.com/MyFWC(@MyFWC) and join in the conversation by using the #FWC2019 hashtag. Check the Florida Channel for possible live video coverage at TheFloridaChannel.org.

12. Member
    RTL GATOR , That is the commissioners meeting. There is ALSO a meeting with biologists at the library for public input on JUST spraying. That is tuesday evening starting at 5;30 pm. The meeting about JUST spraying is with a different group from FWC.
    The commissioners meeting covers all kinds of topics in their two days. Spraying is on the docket for first open topic on day two of the commissioners meeting.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

Thanks MARK R.....