Thread: Aerator Switch

Aerator Switch

So my aerator switch was going bad and I thought that was what it was but I am not very mechanically inclined. I took it to a mechanic to fix it and he told me some crap about there was just a messed up wire so he cut the wires going to the switch and laid a new wire to the aerator pump. Now the switch is still bad and he has messed up the factory wiring. Is there a wiring diagram somewhere for the switch and also do I need to buy the switch from bullet or is there another place to buy one from. Also how can I test to see if the automatic switch is working.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Stupid question....have you made sure the bow aerator switch is turned off? It has caused many people to beat their head against the wall over the years.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

This ^^^^^^ ALOT !!!!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    Well actually that was the start of the problem. I had took it for a hydraulic steering leak and I mentioned that when I turned my power switch on that the aerator immediately came on and wouldn't turn off. I left the boat and when I returned he had cut the wire and laid new wire and had supposedly fixed the leak. As I walked up to the boat I noticed the front aerator switch was on. I know that is why it wouldn't turn off but I am pretty sure the switch was bad in the first place. So now what I have is a boat that still has a leak and needs new seals and a screwed up wiring harness. The switch is bad though because now when you turn it on you have to flip it until it finally kicks on and stays on.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    I would think it should be fairly easy to look behind the switch panel at the dash and trace out what they cut or disconnected. You might do that as you replace the switch. It sucks that they assumed there was an issue with the boat wiring, checking switches is electrical 101.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

6. Member
    That seems to be a problem these days, instead of finding the problem, just assume and when that doesn't work, assume something else, just find the problem and fix it right the first time