Banned

Best spring lake

What’s the best spring time lake in Indiana. Which has best size , best numbers . And how early do u guys get on them

2. Member
    Skip Indiana and head to Kentucky or Tennessee

3. Banned
    Lol it’s that bad I live in Ohio and I still like some lakes

Where you at in ohio?
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

5. Banned
    Central

6. Member
    Geist or Boggs

Last edited by fishinarc; 06-21-2022 at 07:41 AM.

8. Member
    I'm not sure there is a clean cut answer to this question, its pretty much up to the individual that's doing the fishing. As much complaining as folks do about Patoka early spring and basic spring fishing on that lake can be outstanding, the same can be said about Monroe. No you aren't going to load the boat with dinks from Patoka but you will catch some heavyweight fish.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    I'm not sure there is a clean cut answer to this question, its pretty much up to the individual that's doing the fishing. As much complaining as folks do about Patoka early spring and basic spring fishing on that lake can be outstanding, the same can be said about Monroe. No you aren't going to load the boat with dinks from Patoka but you will catch some heavyweight fish.
    Yep if you can manage 5 bites in the spring at Patoka, you’re gonna likely have between 15-20 lbs. 15 being on the light side I would say. Now getting 5 bites. That’s a whole different story. Lol

10. Banned
    Do you guys get on patoka as early as March

11. Member
    [QUOTE=Hart;10012152]Do you guys get on patoka as early as March[/QUOTE

If there isn’t ice on the water I’m on it, regardless of the month

Last edited by cubswin; 02-04-2019 at 03:59 PM.

13. Member
    Since there hasn’t been any grass, I can’t catch shat on Patoka in the spring. Used to be my favorite place and time of year. But it just kicks my arse now.

14. Banned
    Brookville pumps out some good stringers during the spring... Dan

15. Member
    Monroe is your best bet for catching a pig early in the spring. Geist for numbers though.

16. Banned
    So if I was to go to Monroe for a weekend in March what areas would you guys suggest not looking for anyone’s honey hole just areas know to be good early spring spots like which section of the lake to focus on doesn’t have to be exact areas .. thanks for any help . What’s the lake conditions at this point froze solid. How early u guys get on it

Quote Originally Posted by Hart View Post
    So if I was to go to Monroe for a weekend in March what areas would you guys suggest not looking for anyone’s honey hole just areas know to be good early spring spots like which section of the lake to focus on doesn’t have to be exact areas .. thanks for any help . What’s the lake conditions at this point froze solid. How early u guys get on it
    It could be frozen, but probably not this year unless something changes drastically. The water has been high all winter, but the lower end will usually stay pretty clear. Run to the dam, turn around and start fishing back up the lake with a jerkbait. If there has been a warming trend, throw a lipless crankbait in the backs of the creeks and pockets. Be careful going into Sugar creek and Ramp creek. There's timber you can't see.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by ss View Post
    It could be frozen, but probably not this year unless something changes drastically. The water has been high all winter, but the lower end will usually stay pretty clear. Run to the dam, turn around and start fishing back up the lake with a jerkbait. If there has been a warming trend, throw a lipless crankbait in the backs of the creeks and pockets. Be careful going into Sugar creek and Ramp creek. There's timber you can't see.
    This

Channel banks in March. Produces some nice Walleye too. Tennessee Shad suspending jerkbait if the water is clear. This is on Monroe.

20. Banned
    Thanks guys ..