Pulling boat with class C.

I just bought a 30’ class C and am planning on pulling my boat with it. Does anyone do this and what problems have you had. Any problems backing down ramps or launching your boat ?

2. Member
    I pulled my 18 foot bass boat with a class c ford 460 engine. no problem any where. I did install a back up camera.

3. Member
    just be sure and don't back your rv out to far as to get water inside of it.

4. Member
    Watching this thread. I also just traded a TT for a 22'Class C to do the same thing. Got tired of having to take two vehicles when we went camping.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike198P View Post
    Watching this thread. I also just traded a TT for a 22'Class C to do the same thing. Got tired of having to take two vehicles when we went camping.
    That why I pull both behind one truck. Cheaper than having to run two vehicles. ��

6. Member
    I pulled my basscat behind my class C with no issues. Mine was a 26ft model and it was no different then pulling it with the truck. I'd break camp and launch the boat daily. The only issue I had was not being able to get from the boat to the camper to pull it out without getting wet. I'd often just sit there until someone would pull me out unless I didn't mind getting wet or there was a pier I could step off the boat onto. I'd do it again if the wife wanted another C.

Last edited by rlb8s; 02-06-2019 at 06:51 PM.
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rlb8s View Post
    The only issue I had was not being able to get from the boat to the camper to pull it out without getting wet. I'd often just sit there until someone would pull me out unless I didn't mind getting wet or there was a pier I could step off the boat onto. I'd do it again if the wife wanted another C.

That's the only drawback I can think of at the moment. Not sure how to remedy it just yet. Most of the time I will have someone with me to pull it out.

8. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    The biggest negative for me would be having to break camp to launch and load the boat if you were staying somewhere without slips. I can slip out of the 5th wheel at daylight without disturbing my wife too much, but I don't think she'd be very happy if I moved everything to the ramp in the morning and left her to drive back to the campsite.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

9. Member
    I had a 5th wheel. The problem with that was it’s not legal to double tow on the east coast. I know people do it, but I really don’t want to deal with it if something would happen. I would think it could be an insurance nightmare.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by va floater View Post
    I just bought a 30’ class C and am planning on pulling my boat with it. Does anyone do this and what problems have you had. Any problems backing down ramps or launching your boat ?
    So, how did/is the 30' er working out? I have used mine 7-8 times. Works great, but I have had someone with me each time.

11. Member
    Having someone with you is a big help, but it’s not bad if you’re by your self. I wouldn’t want anything much bigger. It beats staying in motel/hotels.

12. Member
    I had a 12' slide-in camper on my truck for over 35 years and pulled many boats. It had a back door and a crawlthrough to the cab so I could get in the truck. On slick ramps the weight helps with traction.