Thread: Winter respool

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Winter respool

When do you respool your reels with new line when/if you live where the water freezes over completely until about late March/April

2. Member
    About 48hrs before my first trip of the year
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

3. Member
    If it’s braid, I’ll do it usually in March or so about a month before the ice thaws. For floro and mono I’ll wait until the week of my first outing
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

4. Member
    Usually a week before my first trip. Sometimes the night before.

5. Member
    Braid and floro I may only respool once a year depending on condition,mono anytime now and maybe twice a year. If I were fishing tournaments I would replace line more often. The first two seem to deteriorate slower than mono.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdSVT View Post
    About 48hrs before my first trip of the year
    x2
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

7. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    CDE23019-CC9B-445B-AA96-1C64FAD5B0C4.jpegI respooled 2 last night then went this morning to feel out my squarebill rod and caught a nice bluegill!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

8. Member
    Emptied all reels a few weeks ago. Cleaned internals on those that needed it. Cleaned all spool bearings and treated with Tungsten Disulfide. I'll spool up in a few weeks and get back to fishing.

Waiting on orders of new rods and reels before I get it done. Should be any day now.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    CDE23019-CC9B-445B-AA96-1C64FAD5B0C4.jpegI respooled 2 last night then went this morning to feel out my squarebill rod and caught a nice bluegill!
    Nice Lunula Fine digestion You must have?

If you have nice, large moons on your thumb to the pinky finger, this represents a strong healthy fire in the system. Ideally, one should have a large moon on the thumb, as they remain strong, but get a bit smaller with each respective finger. However, if they seem larger than “normal” this may show an overactive fire in the body which can lead to Pitta issues such as loose stools, hyperacidity, inflammation, and malabsorption of nutrients. This simply means there is too much fire in the system and cooling practices and diet should be administered. ***Please note that if the whole finger is white, except for a small crescent at the top, this is a different issue typically caused by liver disease.

It even mentions Me by nom de plume "Loose Stools"

https://basmati.com/2018/06/12/ayurv...gernail-health

^^^^^ I've been on here for 15 years and this is quite possibly the strangest twist come off of a post that I can remember. Interesting enough on it's own though.

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I agree but I know Lew quite well and this isn’t that strange!

Plus you Know my digestion system sucks from Lyme Disease!! I used to have a helluva digestion system before those parasites. Little bassturds about killed me!

I happen to think my moons are just right thank you!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DougL58 View Post
    Emptied all reels a few weeks ago. Cleaned internals on those that needed it. Cleaned all spool bearings and treated with Tungsten Disulfide. I'll spool up in a few weeks and get back to fishing.
    What is ' Tungsten Disulfide ' and why do you use it, if I may ask...BF

15. Member
    You guys respool your braid? I am using 4 year old power pro and catching fish over 100lbs + with no issues. Seems like a waste to me. Floro and mono i understand.

Quote Originally Posted by white gambler View Post
    ^^^^^ I've been on here for 15 years and this is quite possibly the strangest twist come off of a post that I can remember. Interesting enough on it's own though.
    Not strange for Lew,,, It normal for him,, Just goes to show what smoking pot and using CBD oil will do to you

17. Member
    I respool my reels just before spring.

18. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    My braid lasts about a year on the rods I use for swim jigs, flipping, t-rigged worms, frogs because it gets thrashed throwing in the stuff we have down here. Other than that, if my spool gets too low and I’m tired of seeing LIGHT green line I’ll change it. Once a year isn’t bad to me.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    Not strange for Lew,,, It normal for him,, Just goes to show what smoking pot and using CBD oil will do to you

But somehow what I do affects You? Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    But somehow what I do affects You? Interesting
    Never said " it affected me in any way"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast