Classic on Ky Lake Late March

My son and I will be on Ky Lake at the end of March for the Bass World Sports Classic. I'm wondering if the carp are as much of a problem at that time of year? A lot of our boats will likely head down to Paris and beyond, but we generally fish within 10 miles or so either way of Jonathan Creek. Not sure if it's true or not, but I have heard that the carp are not too bad in that general area. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

2. Member
    The carp are bad everywhere on the lake, from the north end to the south

Carp are pretty much everywhere on both Ky Lake and Barkley. Was thinking it was around the end of March or early April, a couple years ago that some were dying around the shoreline

4. Member
    The USA bassin classic was going on when it seemed to be the 1 -3 lb range of crap were dieing. And yes I believe it was 2 years ago. It stuck. Lol

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 59tomitriton View Post
    Carp are pretty much everywhere on both Ky Lake and Barkley. Was thinking it was around the end of March or early April, a couple years ago that some were dying around the shoreline

We were there for the USA Bassin classic the last week of April and first week of May and caught the tail end of the die off. We saw several just jump out on the bank and die. It did stink really bad everywhere we went from north to south
    They aint got hands, set the hook

Sorry to say the carp are alive and well!

7. Member
    Thanks for the info, guys. Not a pretty picture! lol I do have one more question. Two years ago, we finished 10th with 35 lbs and the winners were around 50 lbs.... with no noticeable carp problems. Do you see similar weights being likely or even possible under the current carp situation?

As much as everybody says fishing is down, I would think that it would take very similar weights. Of coarse a lot of other variables can come into play, mainly the wind and lake conditions. There are still big fish and big weights being caught. Good luck.

9. Member
    Thanks again. I'm sure the carp will be... and weather could be ...a problem, but it's nice to hear at least some good news!

10. Member
    Theres always the top 5 that will have fish. But crap are every where