Thread: Harrisburg, PA

Harrisburg, PA

Will Vexus be represented at The Great American Outdoor Show this week in Harrisburg, PA?
    USMC (Ret) 1988-2008
    2014 Lowe Stinger ST175
    Mercury 75 HP four stroke

None of the dealers on list carry Vexus boats. It would give them a lot of exposure since it's one of the biggest shows in the area. Sucks they won't be there.

I don't think there are any dealers in New York, New Jersey or Pennsylvania yet.

3. Scraps
    No fishermen there either.good choice to pass.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    No fishermen there either.good choice to pass.
    Really? Not a single fisherman? I think most people that hunt also fish

I wouldn't call it a fishing show but there are some boats, tackle, RV's, clothing and outfitters. I've gotten some good deals there.

Something to do when the water is hard.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 02-02-2019 at 08:16 AM.

I just got back from the show. No Vexus there. I haven't gone to the show in a few years and it wasn't bad. Its not like it was back in the 80's but still not bad. The lowrance rep, Kelly, was awesome. Good selection of river jet boats. Halls marine has a stand outside the boat hall that I got a bunch of Ned rig heads and cabin creek baits. If you are close its worth it.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    None of the dealers on list carry Vexus boats. It would give them a lot of exposure since it's one of the biggest shows in the area. Sucks they won't be there.

I don't think there are any dealers in New York, New Jersey or Pennsylvania yet.
    Add Ohio to your list. No love for the North East.

Waiting for the response........ "you can drive to Connecticut"

Whats wrong with taking a drive? I purchased my boat from a dealer in Virginia and a buddy on here purchased his boat from a gentleman in Louisiana...He's from PA too.

I want you guys to stop and look at what you are saying. This company was just a thought and a farm field not that long ago and now they are putting out more boats than a lot of other companies that have been around for a long time. Plus they are gaining dealers by the day. If I want to buy a Charger, BassCat, Phoenix, Blazer, Sterling, Falcon, etc. etc I need to make the drive. If you want something then go get it. Waiting for it to come to you is not going to happen.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA

Joepi is upset nobody will take a drive to look at a Vexus

I wouldn't say upset but for the life of me seeing you guys post the same gripe over and over and over and over and over and over and over for something so minor is mind boggling. If you want to look at the boat then take the drive its really that simple. Just be sure to bring your checkbook!
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA

11. U.S. Navy, Retired
    This show is not the place to look at a lot of boats. They just don't give much room to those guys, they call it the "Boat Hall" but it should be the "Boat Closet". This show is centered on Hunting/Guns, "Fishing" is an afterthought.

12. Member
    There will be a Vexus boat on display at the "Wprlds Fishing Expo" in Suffern NY. Reynold's Garage and Marine will have one on display.

13. Member
    I live in NJ and there are currently two Vexus dealers two hours away from me. Is this too far for servicing the boat in the future? Would you guys buy from dealers this far?

14. Moderator
    Halls marine Muncy PA. Just bought a 1980 from them.
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OH_Ranger View Post
    Funny, I bought my Vexus in Ohio, it was a 2 1\2 hour drive and I did not hesitate.

The only thing you really need from the selling dealer is any potential warranty work for the boat. If you have a certified local Merc / Evinrude etc shop, you can take your boat there for motor service. The dealer I bought from is ~5 hours away. However the Rude shop is 20 minutes away, there is also Minn Kota ship near them.

Just recently Vexus picked up a local dealer. So that will make things a little easier should something come up with the boat. Early on, I had a couple minor issues that I repaired / adjusted myself. I called Vexus or the dealer and let them know what I had going on and they would send me the parts or tell me what to do. They have always been very responsive and super helpful. So it comes down to what your comfort level is, I don't think 2 hours is too far at all. Wouldn't hesitate if I had the local support shops.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

Quote Originally Posted by OH_Ranger View Post
    Fisherman's Central is a Vexus dealer.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guntucky View Post
    Funny, I bought my Vexus in Ohio, it was a 2 1\2 hour drive and I did not hesitate.
    That post is 7 months old. Glad we have options!