Thread: grand lake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

grand lake

update got moved to grove,found a job...going fishing sunday,,life is good,flw here on 26-29 march..they will wear them out
    Last edited by 920screaming250; 03-12-2019 at 07:33 PM.
    TrackerUser

3. Member
    Bad news is... fishing is terrible right now lol but in a few weeks it’ll be good

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21xdc95bullet View Post
    Bad news is... fishing is terrible right now lol but in a few weeks it’ll be good
    need to meet up sometime
    TrackerUser

5. Member
    Shad kill is happening in a bad way

6. Member

7. Member
    We fished from about 7-30 to 5 yesterday. Caught one really small largemouth one 14" spot and one pretty good spot. Didn't notice any dying in shad in Duck creek but with the high winds they may have been getting blown where we couldn't see them. Went in a different pocket down lake and they were lined down bank, hundreds of them up on the bank about a foot up, I guess the water dropping left them up on the bank. Pretty crappy fishing we tried jerkbaits, jigs, crankbaits, and a rigs and the only fish we caught were on a rigs.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    We fished from about 7-30 to 5 yesterday. Caught one really small largemouth one 14" spot and one pretty good spot. Didn't notice any dying in shad in Duck creek but with the high winds they may have been getting blown where we couldn't see them. Went in a different pocket down lake and they were lined down bank, hundreds of them up on the bank about a foot up, I guess the water dropping left them up on the bank. Pretty crappy fishing we tried jerkbaits, jigs, crankbaits, and a rigs and the only fish we caught were on a rigs.
    TrackerUser

9. Member
    If enough shad die it will eventually be better fishing!

10. Member
    Massive schools of big gizzard shad showing in Honey and Mid lake. They aren't hard to find.

I've seen dying/dead threadfin in dam area, Ghost, Honey and mid lake. Guys catching crappie are saying crappie are stuffed with threadfin.

It will be tough for awhile...ugh..

11. Member
    I am planning a trip to Grove/Grand lake late March or into April and looking for some help. Coming for southern NM and looking for some good fishing. If someone could help me out as it's a 13-14 hr drive. What would be considered the best time to come and catch some good fish. I have a friend that lives there so lodging won't be a problem. Planning on spending around a week. Thanks, Dean

12. Member
    lots of utube videos from grand that time of year...should be shallow bite.if weather is right..flw here end of march....
    Last edited by 920screaming250; 03-12-2019 at 07:34 PM. Reason: misspelled
    TrackerUser

13. Member
    920, thanks for the info.

14. Member
    TrackerUser

15. Banned
    I'd wait until the 2nd week of April for the shallow bite IMO. Water was 41 to 45 degrees this Saturday the 16th.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokerdean View Post
    I am planning a trip to Grove/Grand lake late March or into April and looking for some help. Coming for southern NM and looking for some good fishing. If someone could help me out as it's a 13-14 hr drive. What would be considered the best time to come and catch some good fish. I have a friend that lives there so lodging won't be a problem. Planning on spending around a week. Thanks, Dean
    FLW will be on Grand the last week of March if that influences your decision one way or the other.

17. Member
    But the fishing is AWFUL right now! Nichols yesterday had 265 boats. 4.80 got last check. Only 13 limits and only 97 teams caught a fish. Seems like I say this every year recently but it hasn't been this bad in years!

I fished Gibson Saturday and caught nothing and 52.7 was the warmest water in Toppers about 4:30, But thousands of balls of baitfish all over..

Even a couple of dumb@ss being pull by pontoon on a tube up and down the lake..

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    I fished Gibson Saturday and caught nothing and 52.7 was the warmest water in Toppers about 4:30, But thousands of balls of baitfish all over..

Even a couple of dumb@ss being pull by pontoon on a tube up and down the lake..
    I heard they had a tournament over there saturday that only took 6 or 8 pounds to win. I talked to a guy that fishes Hudson a lot is really good over there and never got a bite Saturday. They've had two Mondays in a row that no one has caught a fish on Keystone. Last week was the first time in 24 years that no one caught a fish over there and now its happened two weeks in a row.

Man, those guys on Keystone usually knock the fire out of them. 2 weeks in a row and not a single fish. I should have fished it. I would have tied for first. I fished Oologah Saturday and never got bit. Had some 53* water.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast