Thread: grand lake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I've gotta think that the bite is gonna be at least a week or maybe two later than last year due to the late cold temps. Now if we just avoid a freaking flood the next few days!!!
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

2. Member
    Our trip is planned, I leave New Mexico on Sat 4-27 early and should reach Grove that evening. Hope we hit the right timing. Will probably fish some of the other lakes in the area. I have a White/Lime Green Stroker, if any of you see us out there stop and say hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokerdean View Post
    I am planning a trip to Grove/Grand lake late March or into April and looking for some help. Coming for southern NM and looking for some good fishing. If someone could help me out as it's a 13-14 hr drive. What would be considered the best time to come and catch some good fish. I have a friend that lives there so lodging won't be a problem. Planning on spending around a week. Thanks, Dean

3. Member
    In that part of our state, make sure to put Hudson, Fort Gibson, and Tenkiller on your list of potential other lakes to try.

4. Member
    been out twice a week for a month now...starting to heat up
    TrackerUser

5. Member
    My grandparents lived in Grove for about 30yrs, had a nice waterfront place on Wolf Creek. They finally got fed up with all the tourist and high cost of living in a seasonal town and moved when a gallon of milk (at Farriers Grocery store) went to $1.50 and gas shot up to .50/gal..

6. Member
    wish was 1.50 now lol
    TrackerUser

7. Member
    We have all those plus some other on our radar. Sun we are planning on following a friend to Hudson and fishing a small tournament, should be interesting as we have never been there but how knows what can happen. There are some smaller lakes close to Grove that we may check out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Condor482 View Post
    In that part of our state, make sure to put Hudson, Fort Gibson, and Tenkiller on your list of potential other lakes to try.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokerdean View Post
    We have all those plus some other on our radar. Sun we are planning on following a friend to Hudson and fishing a small tournament, should be interesting as we have never been there but how knows what can happen. There are some smaller lakes close to Grove that we may check out.
    Be very very careful at Hudson there are things under the water that will cause harm to your boat. I'm serious many railroad bridges or what is left of them in the mouths of coves .most are not-marked , in between benge creek and Indian springs (spavinaw creek) stay in the channel it should be marked with buoys .

9. Member
    Thanks for the info I plan on following my friend until he pulls off and then will pull off at the next cove probably
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler4 View Post
    Be very very careful at Hudson there are things under the water that will cause harm to your boat. I'm serious many railroad bridges or what is left of them in the mouths of coves .most are not-marked , in between benge creek and Indian springs (spavinaw creek) stay in the channel it should be marked with buoys .

10. Member
    Last time I was there the channel was not marked

11. Member
    How is the weather supposed to be next week, my bud that's coming with me said I need to bring my RAIN GEAR, it's in the boat but I hate having to put it on. Are any LM Bass showing them selves.

12. Member
    A chance of rain everyday I believe ,
    theres always fish at grand. Hudson will get rough in the wind.
    eucha and spavinaw would be good choices on a windy day
    Gibson always has fish,tenkiller the smallmouth might show up.
    did I say be careful at Hudson?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12