Thread: 1980 Stability

1980 Stability

Can anyone provide some feedback on the stability of the 1980? Specifically curious on the lean, if any, when on the front deck going side to side or fishing with 2 people? Is there much movement when fishing with someone on the back deck moving side to side?

He starts out in a 1980 but then he's in an 1880 for the walk thru. It appears they are quite a stable platform from the video and from what owners are reporting back.

Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

Thanks, yea I have watched this video. It is a great video to showcase the ride and overall features. Really looking for the stability of it while fishing and moving around the boat.

4. Member
    Mine has no lean, even with two people. I could not tell a difference in it and my previous zx. It’s a fiberglass boat that happens to be aluminum. Plain and simple. U wouldn’t know it’s tin if I didn’t tell ya and u just rode and fished blindfolded.
    Jeremy
    Texas A&M \'99

5. Member
    I agree^^^^^. I have fished in mine since Sept and sometimes with 2 big guys, (250/260) with both guys on front deck at same time and basically no side to side rocking. Such a small amount that you don’t really notice. It’s the same with a guy on the front and a guy on the back.

Just a quick update and I appreciate the feedback. I had my 1980 out a couple times since I picked it up this past Saturday. Everything you are saying about the stability and ride is absolutely spot on. I am super impressed with the overall quality of this boat. This is truly an amazing boat!! I took it out to go fishing but honestly, I was enjoying driving so much that I didn't even take a rod out of the box. If someone did not know this boat has an aluminum hull, there is no doubt the assumption would be that it is a glass boat. Vexus knocked it out of the park!!

7. Member
    Pretty sure that putting the tank under the seats in the middle of the boat is helping with stability when running or stationary