American Bass Anglers 2019 Schedule

For those not knowing, The American Bass Anglers (ABA) is a national tournament trail for the weekend angler. We are a singles trail, no need to find a partner to count on. We are a DRAW trail, meaning we are open to boaters and co-anglers alike. Boaters - if you bring a boat, you are fishing from your boat. Many times throughout the year you will fish by yourself. Don't have a boat, or never fished in a bass tournament? The the ABA is perfect for you! Before take off at each event we hold a quick tournament meeting and afterwards we draw names first for boaters take off position. Next we have the co-anglers draw a boat to fish from. High School students - this a great way to expand your tournaments! Please call/text with questions. Mike (708)514-7258 (tritonmikehhbc@gmail.com)
    schedule.jpg
    Michael J. Koenig

2. Member
    Gentleman, ABA is a great organization and Mike runs a good division. This division has a great group of guys, I fished as a non-boater for the last two seasons and can say that I was happy with every partner I drew, and we fished a good diverse schedule (minus Braidwood, I hate that place ) and the upcoming schedule looks just as good. Check out the web site for info and come join us next season.

3. Banned
    Are these opens or do I need to become a member?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    Are these opens or do I need to become a member?
    Yes, you do need to become a member. It's $35/yr.
    Michael J. Koenig

5. Member
    Come join us slonezp, you'll like it.

6. Member
    Why is the website not showing the Draw Trail ?
    I'm not dead yet.....competition is the life blood of any human being

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HOGIE View Post
    Why is the website not showing the Draw Trail ?
    Here's a new link to the D39 page

https://www.americanbassanglers.com/...&RegionName=D1

The ABA had many website updates and since Bass Pro became the major sponsor they've changed things up a bit. Draw Trail rules, divisions remained the same. For the National tournament, they re-introduced a draw boat for anyone who attends.
    Michael J. Koenig

8. Member
    When you guys launch out of Alsip, where do you release the fish?? HOPEFULLY, NOT AT THAT RAMP..

9. Member
    Not a criticism, just reality...fish wont ever return to Lk.Cal or survive with that water quality..Nice diverse Fishing schedule..

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noenvybu View Post
    Not a criticism, just reality...fish wont ever return to Lk.Cal or survive with that water quality..Nice diverse Fishing schedule..
    It's our first time launching out of Alsip so it'll be a learning experience. We've used Waterfront Marina for years but their launch fees went up a ton last year and it irked most of the guys which what caused the change. I hope your wrong about water quality - I know the Sag Channel has improved immensely over the years.

Thanks for the compliment on the schedule! Maybe we'll see you out there :)
    Michael J. Koenig

11. Member
    In the past under other circuits we locked through after weigh in to release the small mouth. Very time consuming
    Nitro z21

12. Member
    Isn’t this one of the circuits that keep 30 to 35 percent of the entry fees?
    Pool 10

13. Member
    No sir, that's not us. Some on the guys fishing our trail came from the one's your mentioning. We are a national trail, so yes some of the entry money is used for admin costs, as ALL national trail do, and also to purchase trophies for each event. At our National Event the ABA awards 3 fully rigged Triton boats, one being a draw boat. And over 10 thousand dollars in door prizes are given out just for showing up. That being said, we are not like the other trails.
    Michael J. Koenig