1995 Javelin 387A

Bought this boat in the early fall last year for a decent deal, but she was ugly. Gave the cap a good buff and brought the majority of the gel coat back. Three weeks ago we started on the carpet. Unfortunately when we pulled up the fuel tank we found some rot in the floor. As usual the project got a little bigger.

Couple before shots

During. Ended up cutting out most of the floor under the tank at the cockpit area. Everything along with some added supports was resin and glassed.

Ended up going with carpet from boatcarpetbuys.com. 24oz. Bought it before doing any reading on the boards but I'm happy with the quality so far. Bought a pair of heavy shears from harbor freight and they made much better cuts than a new razor.
    Used Dap weldwood glue for the main surfaces and 3m 90 for the edges.

2. Member
    Don't mind the random picture of the front of my house before I sand blasted it not sure how that ended up there. Lol.

Also don't mind the one hatch cut and installed backwards. It was my first hatch and though I knew to follow the nap but i still messed up. Not enough left over to replace

3. Member
    Looks great! I had a 95 379, that was a great boat.

You redoing the seats too?

Looks great! Quick tip for others, when you get the new carpet, roll it out, flip it over, and spray paint lots of arrows pointing towards the front. Makes it easy to keep the nap all going the same direction.
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL 2004 Mercury 200 EFI

5. Member
    The seats will come but saving for hydraulic steering first. My old man can do it but ain't a big fan of the cable steering with that 150.
    I did have this marked fwd. I guess the brain fart in my head was thinking the hatch opened the other way. .?.?.

6. Member
    looks great! always liked the javelin's, they're sleek looking for sure

Good work.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175