1995 Javelin 387A restore

Bought this boat in the early fall last year for a decent deal, but she was ugly. Gave the cap a good buff and brought the majority of the gel coat back. Three weeks ago we started on the carpet. Unfortunately when we pulled up the fuel tank we found some rot in the floor. As usual the project got a little bigger.

Couple before shots

During. Ended up cutting out most of the floor under the tank at the cockpit area. Everything along with some added supports was resin and glassed.

Ended up going with carpet from boatcarpetbuys.com. 24oz. Bought it before doing any reading on the boards but I'm happy with the quality so far. Bought a pair of heavy shears from harbor freight and they made much better cuts than a new razor.
    Used Dap weldwood glue for the main surfaces and 3m 90 for the edges.

Mods can delete I moved the post to restoration
    Last edited by Hoosierquest; 02-01-2019 at 12:34 AM.

Nice job Going to make you a great rig.

Nice !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

5. Member
    That's Impressive!

6. Member
    WOW fantastic job.I have got a 1999 renegade 19 with the same problem in the flooring behind the dual consol.The flooring is soft everywhere.I think this is a common problem with a lot of the older javelins and stratos boats.I still love the boat.Good luck to you
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

Quote Originally Posted by wentbroketryingtogopro View Post
    WOW fantastic job.I have got a 1999 renegade 19 with the same problem in the flooring behind the dual consol.The flooring is soft everywhere.I think this is a common problem with a lot of the older javelins and stratos boats.I still love the boat.Good luck to you
    Interesting...late 1997 a few Stratos were made with all composite materials. By 1998 all of Stratos was 100% composite. In 1999 all of the Javelin line went to 100% composite so I am surprised your 99 JR19 has a soft spot in the floor.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Interesting...late 1997 a few Stratos were made with all composite materials. By 1998 all of Stratos was 100% composite. In 1999 all of the Javelin line went to 100% composite so I am surprised your 99 JR19 has a soft spot in the floor.
    thanks jr for your info.kind of glad to hear that but the floor repair you see in his photo is the same exact repair that needs to be done to mine.maybe the boat was built in early 99 and was one of the last ones to use wood.what do you think.would the serial number tell us.
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

If my memory is correct the last two digits on the boat vin should be the year. I think my vin is located on the starboard side of the transom where the rear sponson is located. Also if my memory is correct there is a sticker on my hull that says 100% composite or 100% hand laid...I will look at it today when I go into the garage and report back.

10. Member
    I've had her out a few times and so far I'm loving it. This is my first boat but the ride seems great for the boat size and fishabilty is great.
    The only other true bass boat i have spent time on is my uncles ranger comanche, maybe 519vs? Though his is larger I feel the ride on the javelin is just as good if not better.
    Had it out Friday in the wind with some pretty good chop and it was dry and smooth as silk on plane cruising around 50mph. Happy camper here.