DIY Remote Controlled LiveScope Transducer Mount

Parts:
    (1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017JEF126..._a68uCbYM05VFC

(2) 1 inch PVC pipe

Challenges:
    (1) if the motor is strong enough
    (2) seems it’s using 15V AC
    (3) need to open the circuit for antenna radio function , in case of interference

2. Member
    I already tried one. Not exactly that one but almost. Motor was ok. Actually mine ran on dc converted from the box. The remote was a disaster. Never know which way it would turn, when it turned. You might have better luck.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    12V /24V DC converts into 120V AC, then use the adapter could be fine, but not efficient. Anyway, we are just exploring ideas.

4. Banned
    I use one of these to steer my big motor when trolling. A little more pricey.

https://www.gamainc.com/product-cate...otor-controls/

5. Member
    I use one of these to steer my big motor when trolling. A little more pricey.
    What kind of actuator are you using to drive the big motor?

Some pictures would be nice if you are willing to share.

6. Banned
    I use a linear actuator ( ebay is full of em). They are used for awnings I believe. Just make a couple brackets to mount to motor and your good to go. It has to be removed to run at full speed , but is great for trolling. It just drops on 2 pins and a plug for the wires. This is from my old boat, its now on a 115 zuki.

7. Member
    Installing a linear actuator on the foot pedal or directly on the cable of a traditional TM, will convert it into a Ulterra w/o GPS function.

8. Member
    Thanks rocket man.

I was curious on your design.

Nice job.

9. Banned
    All these transducer poles coming to the market and nobody has come up with one that you don't have to turn with a mechanical arm? Seriously, I couldn't find one DC powered electric steering transducer pole out there. Been trying to come up with a simple design but the waterproof remotes seem to be the issue. Seems like an electric steer trolling motor like the terrova stripped down and converted to a transducer pole would be the most reliable system with both foot pedal and remote operated options. Cost is the killer though.

Anybody out there running a seperate transducer pole running off an electric motor?

10. Member
    Due to cost, I gave up this idea; instead, I built a separate/manual one using PVC pipes and a pipe clamp (under $30). VERY UNIVERSAL! I have moved it from boat to boat, boat to decks etc, and it’s solid as a rocket!

I have a brand new water snake 12v electric steer trolling motor sitting in a box in my garage that I picked up at a yard sale a few years ago. I am very tempted to tear it down and try it.

12. Member
    anybody try a windshield wiper motor?

13. Banned
    Can't reverse polarity a wiper motor the same way you switch wires in conventional electric motor. Would need to be disassembled and modified. It was my original idea.

14. Banned
    As in making it turn both ways

15. Member
    Someone on this board has already used this idea! LOL!

With A cheap pedal TM (without the barrel), you can control directions by foot, even better than hand-controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyju View Post
    I have a brand new water snake 12v electric steer trolling motor sitting in a box in my garage that I picked up at a yard sale a few years ago. I am very tempted to tear it down and try it.

16. Member
    Be patient, I'm working on a self contained unit with premium ip65 rated components with multiple methods of control. putting together a prototype unit and doing some testing before i bring it to market. I don't want to say much now, but its gonna be awesome.
    Nitro 896 Savage DC/200 Merc , Garmin GPS Map 7612xsv, 1242 touch and 8012. Force TM