Thread: Suzuki Bass 150

Banned

Suzuki Bass 150

Anyone know the years this outboard was made and what made it so special?

2. Member
    Looks like just a good old fashioned two stroke (DT150) fuel injected Suzuki. They built some really good two strokes, some with two plugs per cylinder, it's just that you had to feed them.
    https://books.google.com/books?id=Oz...%20150&f=false

These were covered in Popular Mechanics in 1993. That's about 25 years ago.

3. Member
    I have all the electrical system for a 200hp if you need any. I have the engine but it is took apart.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Looks like just a good old fashioned two stroke (DT150) fuel injected Suzuki. They built some really good two strokes, some with two plugs per cylinder, it's just that you had to feed them.
    https://books.google.com/books?id=Oz...%20150&f=false

These were covered in Popular Mechanics in 1993. That's about 25 years ago.
    Nice article, thanks for sharing. Dad had a '94 model and I remember it had 2-plugs per cylinder as well as digital fuel injection. Also it had a higher rev limiter of 6000rpm instead of the standard dt150 5500rpm, guess it was the better heads as mentioned. With the torque from it's 2.7L and 2.08 gearing it was a rocket compared to any other 150 at the time and topped out at 69 on our Basscat, so figured it was pushing the 10% rule.

5. Member
    two plugs per cyl. = 'Super Six' I've got one on my '96 Charger 186 TF. Nice motor, but nobody hardly works on 'em any more.
    A goal without a plan is just a dream.