Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMosher View Post
    The boat makers that are currently on the market have stood the test of time. There have been many over the years that didn't make the cut and failed for one reason or another. BCB has always looked at the big picture and continue to do so. Once again, tour all the plants and demo every hull you're interested in. Choose what works best for you. There are still plenty of options out there. If you want the best built boat in the country look no further than BCB. That's simply a fact folks.
    I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but there’s nothing factual about this. It’s an opinion.
    It’s similar to saying that truck brand x is built better than truck brand y.
    2019 Ranger z521c (RGR17030E819)
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 stroke V8 (2B531611)
    RangerTrail (7J5BBDK20KF164876)

Nah it's a fact.

No other bass boat maker on the market vacuum bags their hulls. Fact.

Add all the weight you want to press in the hull parts, like the traditional method and it will STILL never be as strong as vacuumed bagged rigs. Fact.

Vacuum bagging is stronger and better constructed than the traditional method. Fact.

Now add in the resins, glass, all fiberglass construction, aluminum lids, 24 ounce carpet, ss screws (not rivets), in house made trailers etc etc.

Folks can argue any brand against BCB and it's still not gonna stack up against they way they build em.

This is why I continue to encourage everyone to go tour the plants and compare how they're built. One trip to BCB and you'll know which rig is the best constructed rig on the market.

And once again, I'm about as die hard a Champion guys as they come.

3. Member
    I think you’re taking one aspect of BCB’s build process (vacuum bagging), and somehow extending that single attribute to indicate it is a universally known fact that BCB is the best built boat.
    While it may be true that BCB is the only manufacturer who does vacuum bagging, that single attribute does not equate to them being the best built boat. Other manufacturers build their own trailers, use SS screws, 24 ounce carpet, etc.
    i’m sure the engineers of other manufacturers could explain the finer points of their methods, their reasons, and make their case for being the best built boat.
    Again, I share your opinion regarding BCB quality. I’m simply saying it’s just our opinion....it’s not able to be proven, not universally accepted, etc.

I encourage ya to go prove me wrong.

5. Member
    Again, I’m not arguing with your opinion.
    My point is that this is not something that can be proven as fact. It’s like arguing that Ford trucks are built better than Chevy trucks for whatever reason.
    Each brand enthusiast believes his/her brand is the best. We are no different.

Just on the vinyl ester resins BCB wins. Then take into account the transom strength and it is a one piece construction hull I'd say there is no better built boat

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HTC33 View Post
    Again, I’m not arguing with your opinion.
    My point is that this is not something that can be proven as fact. It’s like arguing that Ford trucks are built better than Chevy trucks for whatever reason.
    Each brand enthusiast believes his/her brand is the best. We are no different.
    I believe the correct wording should be strongest built boat using better resin products. That is a fact. The same build practice is used in aircraft composite and Kevlar parts.
    The one piece build process creates a hull that is less prone to flexing. This leads to less stress cracks and allows the hull to perform as designed.
    The build and installation process also creates the strongest transom in the industry.
    24oz carpet, both deck and bunks. Only Bass Cat.
    No plastics used on console or forward bow. Plastics and metal inserts are cheaper than a product completely finished in gel coat. Cosmetic appeal of either is open to opinion.

Those are facts, and just a few.
    Ranger builds a top quality boat. Its not built to the standards and materials that BCB uses in manufacturing its boats.

Don't confuse design with engineering and build standards.
    The rest is all likes and dislikes of each brand. Opinion.
    The seats are better in this boat. The front deck design is better in that boat.....etc.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

8. Member
    I have owned 4 rangers, 1 triton, 1 skeeter, 2 champs and now have a Caracal and do not ever see myself owning anything other than a basscat.

9. Member
    During my fishing life I have had:
    3 Rangers, 2 Basscats, 1 Stratos, 1 Skeeter, 1 Triton, 1 Pacer (the starter boat).
    Basscat is a 9 (nothing is perfect), Ranger is 8, Triton is 7, Skeeter is a 5 (I had a bad one), Stratos is a 4 (I had a 2000 model year, 20SS, enough said).
    Choosing between a Basscat and a Ranger is like trying to decide between Cheryl Ladd or Jacklyn Smith (old guy with a Charlie's Angles analogy), won't go wrong with either.

10. Member
    yes sir they are great boats and its tough to decide I'm still kicking tires on both models ive had 181 champ, 191 champ, Triton TR-21, Triton 20xs, RangerZ521C they have all been fantastic boats im just sitting on my boat and my cash right now its a really tough decision as my current Ranger only as 118hrs on it.

11. Moderator
    I'll be first in line.

The 2008 203 was a limited run.

IF they Hybrid goes into production it'll be a heck of a crossover boat for the Champ guys. Will it take over as BCB best selling hull? Nope. Will it add to their already stacked arsonal? Yup.
    guess we will see. Hope it's successful....

12. Moderator
    The boat makers that are currently on the market have stood the test of time. There have been many over the years that didn't make the cut and failed for one reason or another. BCB has always looked at the big picture and continue to do so. Once again, tour all the plants and demo every hull you're interested in. Choose what works best for you. There are still plenty of options out there. If you want the best built boat in the country look no further than BCB. That's simply a fact folks.
    Not a fact, it's your opinion. You can't say dodge is better than ford, or chevy is better than toyota. It's all preference. BCB are top shelf rigs as are Ranger. You can't say one is better than the other. They do different things better.... THAT IS A FACT!

Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    Not a fact, it's your opinion. You can't say dodge is better than ford, or chevy is better than toyota. It's all preference. BCB are top shelf rigs as are Ranger. You can't say one is better than the other. They do different things better.... THAT IS A FACT!
    You absolutely can say one is better than the other if you have facts to back it up, otherwise you are correct it’s just opinion. Look at customer satisfaction, maintenance records, warrenty claims, defects, etc and you can determine eventually which is better. Until then it’s all opinion.

14. Member
    Vacuum bagging is used to stick the floor down on a Basscat and is not the same a resin infused vacuum bagging. The hull on Both my Jaguars was traditionally made with a hand laid layer and a chopper gun. Ballistic is using a true resin infused vacuum system that is similar to a Maverick HPX. Both methods produce very good results just as cored hulls from Bullet and Allison also produce very good results although they are very different.

We only know of limited production outside bass boats using vacuum for all molding applications. We have assisted Nautique in the efforts on the new Ski Nautique, which is a carbon fiber product. You can see some interesting characteristics on the web site. We are not aware of a bass boat company using a full vacuum process. It has been tried by several we know of without success on impact durability.

We do feel a bass model will be vacuumed in the near future and we are in total tune with this. It could be done today and the benefits in comparison to endurance losses and unknown challenges on durability are yet to be seen.

This Ski Nautique build team we have solid communications with and while we’ve got an inside track on it for several years prior to release, the durability needed in bass boats is one this Ski Nautique won’t face. It’s all about weight and a smaller wake to set ski records. https://www.nautique.com/models/ski-nautique It is an impressive product and improved what they did from the older build.

The secondary lamination, and floor with stringers, is vacuumed into the hull for support and compression. The all glass transom is vacuumed in one process also on all models.

BCB

16. Banned
    Ski natique has always been a top quality rig.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234