Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ya want a high performance bass boat or a boat dock with an engine? Folks, there is no other bass boat company on the market that constructs rigs like BCB. None. Do the research, tour the plants, take rides in every hull you're considering. If you do all that, crunch the numbers and come up with what works best for you.

And I'm about as die hard a ChampioN fan as they come.

2. Banned
    Is the hybrid still in the works?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    This is totally a false statement. Drop that Z520C TM and follow me around piers, cypress trees and stump fields behind an Eyra. You wont even be close. Big water is where the Ranger and Lynx shine with the TM down. It has its place.
    A barge also has a stable platform to fish off, doesn't mean I want to drive one.
    I have ridden, driven, and fished off many Rangers. Damn good boats. If your going to compare boats, a Lynx is a the comparison. Drive the Ranger and the Lynx. Fish out of both of them.
    I would buy a low time used model Lynx with warranty. You cant go wrong with either boat!
    The Eyra is hands down the best boat I’ve ever owned with the trolling motor down when fishing in tight places or over stumps. My Ranger was stable as noted above, but two or three times a day I would have to go back to the drivers seat and crank up the big motor to get dislodged. Had an Eyra in the same places for three years never did that a single time. It slides off stuff like it’s got grease on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TopgunZ521C View Post
    Sports1 lynx is out of my range best price I could find was 83k
    Helm Marine in SD had a demo with a 250 Vrod for around 68k

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lamoon78 View Post
    As far as a lake goes and wind and waves yes they are. I don’t own one and never will cause I don’t like how they ride but I will be the first to give credit where it’s due regardless of what I drive or own.
    If you haven't been behind the TM of an Eyra you wouldn't know how responsive it is. I have been behind both a 520 and owned an Eyra. I can tell you the Ranger was like dragging a barge around compared to the Eyra. Stability is where the Ranger excels.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    This is totally a false statement. Drop that Z520C TM and follow me around piers, cypress trees and stump fields behind an Eyra. You wont even be close. Big water is where the Ranger and Lynx shine with the TM down. It has its place.
    A barge also has a stable platform to fish off, doesn't mean I want to drive one.
    I have ridden, driven, and fished off many Rangers. Damn good boats. If your going to compare boats, a Lynx is a the comparison. Drive the Ranger and the Lynx. Fish out of both of them.
    I would buy a low time used model Lynx with warranty. You cant go wrong with either boat!
    Well said, it really depends on what kind of lakes you fish as to your model preference and Basscat seems to widening the fleet with the Caracal and Lynx. Of course physics says a wider/heavier boat will be more stable, but that also means it'll be slower and not as maneuverable in skinny water or heavy timber. I've always looked at Basscat as the perfect balance between the Allison/Bullet/Gambler/Stroker and Ranger/Champion/Legend, they really are the total performance bass boat. Their trailer, quality and customer service are 2nd to none of the others like Triton/Skeeter/Nitro/Phoenix. They're the only choice in my opinion when it comes to spending my hard earned money on a boat, now if Ranger was to sponsor me a boat I might consider one lol

Still tinkering with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ditchdiggerjcf View Post
    Is the hybrid still in the works?

Yes, it’s moved ahead and tweaking is really done. Just moving ahead in the near term.

YES! YES! YESEEEEES!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Yes, it’s moved ahead and tweaking is really done. Just moving ahead in the near term.

10. Member
    Maybe one of these days Matt. Ha ha

Basscat- Likes/Dislikes Observations about my '14 Puma FTD, some things may have changed on the newer models or be a little different on the Cougar, IDK,

Likes- solid trailer, well built, quality throughout, top cap fiberglassed to hull, vacuumed molded hull with lifetime structural warranty, IMO structurally sound designed transom and stringer system, 6 bolt jackplate connection to hull, all fiberglass construction, attractive all fiberglass consoles, good cushiony dry sporty fast ride, forward TM pedal good for seeing maneuvering and pitching cover, roomy back deck, more usable fishing platform length for stated boat length, removable back lid for easy access to bilge area, cartridge style pumps with disconnects, under seat storage, quality components and materials throughout, large roomy console and leg room (maybe too much- I added a steering wheel extension), huge livewells, built in bow nav light, built in security alarm, backup pumps, quality fit/finish, good friendly customer service, good knowledgeable parts department and pricing

Dislikes or things to be aware of- forward TM design limits dual graph mounting options, no bow flush mount option, front deck less roomy, and less stable, very small back deck compartments, inadequate inconvenient tool and rule storage, no tool storage built in at bow, tools sticking up in the tool holder are centered right in line with the step up onto the front deck, can be a trip hazard especially at night, very uncomfortable and non adjustable seats, functional but cheap looking in between seat console, raised back lid hinges can murder knee caps, limited places for suction cup mounted black lights on gunnel if you night fish, I replaced the main terminal block with all those jumper wires some pretty small gauge ones, with a dual busbar after finding a loose crimped jumper wire, angle of the spare tire rack indents sidewall of tire, seat pedestal mounts in the deck are not threaded to tighten down the seat posts

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MMosher View Post
    YES! YES! YESEEEEES!!
    They are going to sell like hotcakes to all those guys that have been hanging on to their old school champs.

I hope so. Been waiting a VERY long time for em.

14. Member
    Unfortunately I have owned them all with the exception of a Phoenix. I had a 2008 Puma FTD that I loved, but I was fickle enough to sell it only because it had a 225 ProXS instead of a 250. My next boat was a Ranger Z520 with my coveted 250. The Ranger did have a great fishing platform once you got stopped, but the sheer performance of the boat was horrible - it was so heavy in the rear that it drug the rear end when it was coming off of plane. I was looking around in my bilge area to see if water was getting in the hull? The performance of that Puma with a 225 was head and shoulders above the Ranger Z520 with a 250 - acceleration, rough water ride, staying on plane at lower speeds, shallow water capability in the spring, etc.
    Even if you could consider customer service, Quality, fishability, and storage a wash (which I don't), I don't know how you could compare a Ranger to a BassCat???

15. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchdiggerjcf View Post
    They are going to sell like hotcakes to all those guys that have been hanging on to their old school champs.
    lol, no they won't. Old time champion owners talk about it and don't buy them. Remember in 2008 when Champion made the 203 classic or whatever they called it. They never took off and never made anymore....

I'll be first in line.

The 2008 203 was a limited run.

IF they Hybrid goes into production it'll be a heck of a crossover boat for the Champ guys. Will it take over as BCB best selling hull? Nope. Will it add to their already stacked arsonal? Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    lol, no they won't. Old time champion owners talk about it and don't buy them. Remember in 2008 when Champion made the 203 classic or whatever they called it. They never took off and never made anymore....

17. Member
    I’m pretty sure that most people buying a bass boat compare BassCat and Ranger, if they’re shopping for premier rigs. To insinuate that the Ranger doesn’t measure up, or that it’s “ridiculous” to consider Ranger to be on par with BassCat, is misguided.
    They are both high-end fishing boats, similar pricing, similar grade of materials (carpet, latches, etc.), and have their own distinctive features.
    I love BassCats...Would love to have one. I own a Ranger mostly because I fish Lake of the Ozarks....which has too many cruiser waves to take advantage of the BassCat speed, and I felt the Ranger was a bit more stable at rest.
    2019 Ranger z521c (RGR17030E819)
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 stroke V8 (2B531611)
    RangerTrail (7J5BBDK20KF164876)

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HTC33 View Post
    I’m pretty sure that most people buying a bass boat compare BassCat and Ranger, if they’re shopping for premier rigs. To insinuate that the Ranger doesn’t measure up, or that it’s “ridiculous” to consider Ranger to be on par with BassCat, is misguided.
    They are both high-end fishing boats, similar pricing, similar grade of materials (carpet, latches, etc.), and have their own distinctive features.
    I love BassCats...Would love to have one. I own a Ranger mostly because I fish Lake of the Ozarks....which has too many cruiser waves to take advantage of the BassCat speed, and I felt the Ranger was a bit more stable at rest.
    Well said. When I consider the term high end bass boats Ranger and BassCat are in the group. I would add Phoenix to that list. Maybe Bullet. I feel Allison's are there own breed. Maybe like a Lamborghini when it comes to sports cars...lol. nothing wrong at all with Skeeter, Triton or Nitro. I just feel then are more mass produced. Hell the 3 boats I owned prior to my new Cat were Nitro, then Triton, then a Skeeter. I didn't like my 2004 Nitro, I own it for only 1 year. Nitro has come a long way since then. The Triton and Skeeter I owned we're good boats. Just not a BassCat.
    Brad Krone

The boat makers that are currently on the market have stood the test of time. There have been many over the years that didn't make the cut and failed for one reason or another. BCB has always looked at the big picture and continue to do so. Once again, tour all the plants and demo every hull you're interested in. Choose what works best for you. There are still plenty of options out there. If you want the best built boat in the country look no further than BCB. That's simply a fact folks.

Look at the resins used in BassCat hulls when comparing too. Rangers are exceptional boats in most all respects, but I doubt anyone giving an honest look at both brands would rate BassCat below a Ranger in quality. Fit and finish on a BCB is second to none.
    Take a look at the Caracal if you want a wider front deck platform. With a 225 that boat will match up speed wise with a lot of boats running 250s.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast