I
    t
    h
    j
    u
    s
    t

m

I have a z8 it pushes 80 with a 250 merc with just me in the boat anyone else

e

I
    n

t
    h
    e

b
    o
    a
    t

2. Member
    Sorry, Paul, but your post looks crazy on my end.

lol my 2015 z8 with no gas and full gear has seen 76.2 for a couple miles gps
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

What prop are you guys running?
    I got a 25 tempest plus but was wanting to go to a 26p yo see if I gain some mph

5. Member
    The only time my Z8 has been over 60 it was being towed....LOL
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by nitro26 View Post
    What prop are you guys running?
    I got a 25 tempest plus but was wanting to go to a 26p yo see if I gain some mph
    25 tempest plus at 1600' elevation, I can't go up as I am rarely at 6000rpm
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

7. Member
    My 09 Z-8 with 250 would run 78mph gps by myself. My 16 Z20 with 250 Vrod runs 74 by myself. I miss my Z-8. Z20 rides better though.

I just bought the new I pilot ultrex and the new 15 inch solix mega chirp any advice

9. Member
    1. Verify pedal and tray fit. Don't know if they changed tray from 13 to 14 model but 13 model's tray is too small.
    2. If you use a cover, may want to check fit
    3. Need good power to graph, do not use existing boat wiring. If going to bow, recommend 10ga minimum.
    4. If that is your only HB graph for networking, Link would connect direct to it. If you have another graph, it would require an ethernet switch to network 3 devices.
    5. No adapters required for ethernet or sonar connections with Solix.
    6. That's a big graph, recommend using a solid mount.

Enjoy
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

10. Member
    Which is faster Z8 or Z20? I'd say Z8 all day. Considering the Z9 is basically the Z20.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Chicken View Post
    Which is faster Z8 or Z20? I'd say Z8 all day. Considering the Z9 is basically the Z20.
    I don't understand this? Z8 and Z20 are the same length.

I think they are about the same z8/z20 speed wise. Some of the earlier Z8s, 09 & 10s were lighter, so those should be faster.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    I don't understand this? Z8 and Z20 are the same length.

I think they are about the same z8/z20 speed wise. Some of the earlier Z8s, 09 & 10s were lighter, so those should be faster.
    Well... they're 1" apart, but who's counting.

See, now I'M confused. (Which isn't that hard I reckon.... what with my advanced old age, coming up on 62 in 8 weeks.)

Thing is, I remember way back when.... I'd said that 'basically' the Z9 was replaced by Z21 in both size and performance.

Then I had several salesmen tell me NO sir, the Z9 is now the Z20. I really never looked at the specs after that, and of course knew the Z21 is over 21'.
    Which I absolutely KNOW the Z9 isn't.

But looking again at all the specs, the Z9 is 7" longer than the Z20!
    I know it (the Z9) feels more like a 21' boat, which is why I like it as much as I do.

Although.... looking at all the specs side-by-side, the Z21 isn't but 5" longer. That's a lot of money for not much more boat.
    HOWEVER.... I'd really like to pick up a 2018/19 in a few years, gently used, with a 4-stroke hanging off the back.
    Now if only you'd order one in the colors I like Bryan, then keep it for 4 years we'd be best buds!

Wasn't a fan of quite a few things in them until the 18's came out. Always loved all the extra cup holders, and the seats are gorgeous! But the trash can being in the cooler???!!! Then having to WALK on the seats to get down from the back deck, (which I'd throw someone overboard for) and losing the full size bin on one side in the back was a deal breaker for me. There were a couple other things, but those I remember off the top of my head. That said... they've addressed those particular things now, and I'm a fan for sure.

Speaking of being a fan. Just had to replace my TM batteries, and had a buddy over this weekend, took him to Sam's to get new TM batteries for his Ranger 520.
    He was AMAZED at how much room the Nitro has in the bilge, and the fact that a flip door access the bilge pumps.
    *Which is AFTER 3 group 31's, the Bob's pump, 2 Power Pole pumps, 2 cranking batteries, extra wiring, battery switch, extra breakers, and bus bars!*
    Later,

Dixie Chicken