Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Power Poles Yes or No

I've had mine since I bought my boat just over a year ago. I didn't figure I'd use them but they were already on the boat in the showroom. 8' blades that cost a bit over $3,800.00. Since they have never been wet or used on the lake one time (they have been tested BTW). I'm thinking it may be time to turn them loose. If anybody wants a new set of black blades let me know by pm and make a decent offer. I may take it. I have an Allison mount as well. I may let it go too. I just can't see me ever using the poles since I have an Ulterra troller that I love.

2. Member
    Sell them and go more
    Speedy

3. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    No need for me either. I'll never own them. They are necessary for some anglers though and I admit that.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

4. Member
    I like to use my power poles at the dock and at the beach so that my boat is not grounded in either place. You guys the have spot lock do you trust it enough to use it when your not in the boat?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooken203 View Post
    I like to use my power poles at the dock and at the beach so that my boat is not grounded in either place. You guys the have spot lock do you trust it enough to use it when your not in the boat?
    I use my spotlock every time I launch or load by myself. I haven't had it to fail to keep my boat anchored where it is supposed to be. I know poles are nice for shallow water fishing and for the boat ramp for many though.

Quote Originally Posted by hooken203 View Post
    I use both depending on the ramp and situation.

BTW, I have used my poles before at a dock and had the wind take my boat and pull it away from the dock. So neither is perfect. Unfortunately, the water was 37 degrees that day. Luckily I had a rope in the SUV. I tied a rope to a log and cast it out from shore to retrieve my boat. Embarrassing.... I didn't trust that I could swim to the boat in the cold water and still have the strength to pull my self onto the boat.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    I use both depending on the ramp and situation.

BTW, I have used my poles before at a dock and had the wind take my boat and pull it away from the dock. So neither is perfect. Unfortunately, the water was 37 degrees that day. Luckily I had a rope in the SUV. I tied a rope to a log and cast it out from shore to retrieve my boat. Embarrassing.... I didn't trust that I could swim to the boat in the cold water and still have the strength to pull my self onto the boat.
    I have found out that with the right inspiration and motivation I can climb back in a boat even when someone has their hand in your face trying to keep you from getting back in. Powell and Woody.

8. BBC SPONSOR

Getting rid of them to me is a no brainer, the only down side to getting rid of them is the Allison Brackets are not easily removed.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

For my fishing style I can't justify the cost.
    There are a few times in the spring I wish I had them. Most of my fishing they won't reach the bottom so its just spot lock for me..

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post

Getting rid of them to me is a no brainer, the only down side to getting rid of them is the Allison Brackets are not easily removed.
    I don't think I'd want to remove the Allison brackets given how they are mounted. Beast is a good description of the removal process. Solid and look great though.

11. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    I don't think I'd want to remove the Allison brackets given how they are mounted. Beast is a good description of the removal process. Solid and look great though.
    Yes, just wanted to make sure you had looked at the installation/removal....I wouldnt recommend removing them.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

12. Member
    The spot lock on the ultrex works great no need to have them.

13. Member
    doesn't the fuel tank have to be pulled forward to get at the bolts inside the transom to remove the power pole brackets?
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

14. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    doesn't the fuel tank have to be pulled forward to get at the bolts inside the transom to remove the power pole brackets?
    Yes
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

15. Member
    yeah that would be a hassle. may as well leave the brackets on just sell the poles
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

16. Member
    Would power poles be beneficial for a boat sitting in the shed?

Johnny Johnson

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atcje View Post
    Would power poles be beneficial for a boat sitting in the shed?
    I hung some rags and jackets on top of mine the other day. Makes a heck of a good hanger rack Johnny J. LOL

18. Member
    I've often wished I had a set of the poles when we were sitting out in the staging area of the high school tournaments to avoid drifting around close to so many boats. But, now that I have the spot lock, I use it until other boats almost drift into me .

My area has a lot of shallow water, I can see where they could be very useful, but for the cost of them, it's hard to justify for the convenience.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

19. Member
    If the majority of my fishing, or bodies of water that i fished was shallow then i could justify them.
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

20. Member
    Even if I had a spot lock troller I would keep the poles. Shallow sight fishing. Spot lock back washes the bed your fishing when the wind or current washes you in on it. Same thing in a log jamb that has current on it. I wish I had both.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast