1980 bow mount graph

Hey everyone. I am so excited, 48 hours from now I will have my 1980. The dealership is putting the finishing touches on it tomorrow. I am looking for feedback from those of you who have a Hummingbird 7" Helix DI on the bow. My question is, is it big enough. I am considering having them put a 9" mega up there, however it is going to require them to put it on a mount because a 9" won't mount flush. So, is a 9" really needed? It would also delay me picking it up a couple days. Thoughts?

I don't have a Vexus (yet!), but I put a Helix 7 on the front of my Lund (mounted on the floor) and it's plenty large enough to see while standing.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    I just ordered my 1980 as well. I had a Helix 7 on the bow of my 05 TR21X Triton, and I wish I had bought the 9. So I did! Lol. Sold my 7 and bought a Helix 9 MEGA DI for my new 1980 which will be hooked up to the built in MEGA DI 'ducer on my new Ultrex.

Beyond stoked.

4. Member
    I was going to go with the 9” but chose the 10” helix instead. The 10” is the same size box, just has more screen. I have mine on a bracket that is mounted on the factory plate. It works excellent and doesn’t block the cup holder. It also goes on & off very easy.