Thumbs Up Got out on the ice for the 2nd time in my life. I admit...it's a lot of fun

Went out last weekend to do some more ice fishing with two friends. Small pond here in New Hampshire, about 40 acres, average depth of 12 feet, and has both largies and smallies. Not a stellar day, but good all in all.

Not that I ever had anything against ice fishing, I just never took the time to give it a shot because the only guys that tried getting me into it earlier in my life were more about drinking, less about fishing. Not that there's anything wrong with throwing back some cold ones, but I could do that at home and be warm instead. Last year I got out with a few friends on a really nice day, low 40's, sunny, no wind, and we caught a ton of smallies, including two that went 4+ lbs. So that completely changed my opinion on ice fishing (though yes, I know how lucky I was that first day). So decided to bite the bullet, buy my own tip-ups, and get into it. I'm glad I did. It's still not nearly as fun as open water fishing, but it's certainly something nice to do during the winter while I wait for open water again.

Threw together a video of our adventure this past weekend for anyone interested.

2. Banned
    Not fun when ice shelter gets blown across the lake.(yes ,it was tied down to the ice .)