Thread: Family Vacation

Family Vacation

We’ve been trying to figure out what to do for familyvacation this summer. We have two weeks in June, and one week in August inwhich to go due to travel ball schedule. Thinking of going to the Grand Canyonand RV camping there. Quick research on renting an RV out of Albuquerque anddriving from there – roughly $325 for the Class C RV (sleeps 5). Then where togo, what to do, etc. Would love to be able to do this for around $550/day.

Pros and Cons and thoughts beyond that...go!

-b-

2. Banned
    Look at the responsibility you have before signing the contract to rent. We did that one year and a rock cracked the windshield on the highway and we had to pay for a new one. Insurance did not cover it.

3. Member
    If you rent, rent one from a private owner. Way better pricing and with my experience without the BS of dealing with a dealership.

Take video of your rental RV vacation, I like the movie RV.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob G. View Post
    Take video of your rental RV vacation, I like the movie RV.
    The dump station scene was awesome!!

We flew to Vegas and then drove to Grand Canyon state park. Stayed in the hotel there and it was really nice.

7. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    You better make your mind up soon, good campsites are probably gone for the good weather months this year.Maybe it would be better, easier etc to book a room in the old Lodges at the National Park,,
    Last edited by Basscaster; 01-31-2019 at 12:12 PM.

Drove to the grand canyon last year in our Suburban. Meanadered across the country and back. Booking a room only as far in advance as the next night sometimes the same day. It was great. Doing it that way you can decide if you want to stay longer in one place or not.
    Last edited by Brent Jordan; 01-31-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Durango, CO. Went last summer & it was awsome. Do the train ride to Silverton one day. Also head over to Purgatory ski resort & do the sledding & roller coaster.
    Darrall Dougherty

Go to Utah. See Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon park. There are hotels right outside of each. Campground too. Great little rodeo in Bryce to see.
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catjuggin View Post
    Go to Utah. See Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon park. There are hotels right outside of each. Campground too. Great little rodeo in Bryce to see.
    I swear I typed this yesterday too...but don't see my post!!! Bryce and Zion are amazing and not that far from Grand Canyon