Thread: New Falcon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    G2 (made in America) Suzuki (made in Japan)
    Last I looked Evinrude is owned by Bombardier a Canadian company

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredokie01 View Post
    Last I looked Evinrude is owned by Bombardier a Canadian company
    they are made in Wisconsin!
    and if you don’t like Canadians, you should probably find another website!
    Last edited by Mc Gregor; 03-22-2019 at 02:15 PM.
    Pool 10

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    they are made in Wisconsin!
    and if you don’t like Canadians, you should probably find another website!
    Nothing wrong with Canadians or the Japanese. Just stating a fact that while the assembly line for evinrude may be in America it is a Canadian product just like Suzuki is an Japanese product. Odds are plenty of the parts on each motor would have made in China on them ..

Personally I would go with the Suzuki over the rude. But neither one would be my first or second choice (Yamaha or Honda)
    BTW since you ASSume I dont like the neighbors to the north from my commit can we then assume you dont like the Japanese from yours ?

4. Member
    Nothing wrong with Canadians or the Japanese. Just stating a fact that while the assembly line for evinrude may be in America it is a Canadian product just like Suzuki is an Japanese product. Odds are plenty of the parts on each motor would have made in China on them ..

Personally I would go with the Suzuki over the rude. But neither one would be my first or second choice (Yamaha or Honda)
    BTW since you ASSume I dont like the neighbors to the north from my commit can we then assume you dont like the Japanese from yours ?

toche!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member

nothing wrong with them but I believe good Americans support American products.
    BTW, I am ASSuming you meant comment rather than commit. Maybe you can have your kids do a spellcheck before you post again.
    Pool 10

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scum_frog View Post
    I just now pulled the trigger on a Falcon with the G2. Ive heard nothing but good things about both motors honestly. I like the look and such on the G2 ....I also dig the idea of being able to switch between hotfoot and hand throttle at any time which will help on long idle areas. I believe both perform about the same speed wise. Was told I would be pleased on the little amount that the G2 burns on oil as well. Best of luck in your choice. You going brand new?
    To me idle only means idle only. Why does it matter if you use the hotfoot or hand throttle. You should be in gear at idle speed

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubee View Post
    To me idle only means idle only. Why does it matter if you use the hotfoot or hand throttle. You should be in gear at idle speed
    At my local lake no wake means about 1000 to 1200 rpms. Idle speed is only what 600?

No wake means idle speed imo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12