question about used 2007 22I Class

Hey guys, I've never owned a Skeeter, matter of fact, never owned a glass bass boat. I've sold my 20' aluminum G3 HP200 with a 200 Yamaha HPDI and I want to buy a used glass boat. I found a 2007 Skeeter 22I Class with a 2007 Yamaha 250 HPDI that looks to be in great condition and only has 140 hours on the engine. The owner is an older guy in his 60s and he bought it from the original owner about 4 years ago. I was concerned with top speed on a 22' boat with the 250, I'm thinking a lot of them came with a 300 HP but he says it will run 75 - 77 easy with gear. I can go check for myself but he's a couple hours away and just wanted to see what you guys think since you know a lot more about Skeeters than I do. Does that top speed sound correct? I just figured with a 250 on a 22' boat, you might get to 70 - 72 but I don't know. My G3 will hit 64 with a light load and just me but it's only a 200 and aluminum boats aren't known for their speed. I've been looking at Rangers, Tritons, and Bullets but after some research, I am opening my search up to Skeeters. I've heard nothing but good about them, especially for fishing rough water which I do a lot. The 2007 I found has a brand new Skeeter trailer with the fiberglass fenders and he said he upgraded the lower unit. Is there anything I should be concerned about with the model of boat or engine? I've owned boats for 25 years and my current 2004 HPDI 200 that's sold, has made me a huge fan of Yamaha outboards.
    Thanks for your help

2. Member
    No way it will run high 70s. Maybe in perfect conditions with light load and hardly any fuel and only a starting battery. Change all the filters on that motor. Awesome boat. Only thing to worry about is maybe the push button control panels. Not sure if they're still available or not. You can program that motor pretty easily to make it a 300 if you really want it.

3. Member
    I don't think that boat will be touching over 70. Realistically its probably a 65-70 mph boat

4. Member
    I owned a 09 21i w/ a 300 and fully lloaded would touch just over 75.
    if the motor is bone stock, I don't see touching 72 fully loaded, maybe not even 70.
    These speeds sound easy enough to hit as we are all used to driving a car at 70 + w/ no issue but a boat is a completely different beast all together.
    as for having a boat for big rough water, im not sure that there is another that is better.
    if the price is right, I say buy that sucker. run it for many years unless you can get a steal, then sell the 2 stroker and move to a 4 stroke and you sir have a boat that will last you the rest of your fishing career.
    I miss mine!!

5. Member
    Be prepared to deal with the DMS box going bad (which is not available at this time).
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

6. Member
    My last boat was a 2007 20i. Great boat, no complaints at all! Just decided to buy a new one or I would still have it. On the one you're looking at, the hours sound like they're pretty low too. Good luck!

7. Member
    Make the drive and go check it out. I just drove 8 hours to go see a boat and ended up not buying it. It was just too big for the areas I fish

8. Member
    2 friends with I-class, theirs 65-70 on their best day.

9. Member
    I have a 09 20i but it has a 225 on it not the 250 (Don't ask me why as it was Deans boat he won with at Oneida). its a 69-70 MPH boat with me loaded and about 66 MPH with my partner added. but in rough water there isn't any other boat that can run with me in 2-3' chop except maybe a 20' champion. they are the greatest fishing platform hands down too.
    ~ 2010 Skeeter 20i Class
    ~ Spiralite Custom Fishing Rods
    ~ MarineBassAnglers
    ~ Peregrine 250 Boat Products

10. Member
    I have 22I with 250 SHO
    Loaded on a very good day will see only 65
    But it will handle any water