Elite Ti2 question

This may seem like a dumb question but I can’t find the answer; I have an elite ti2-9” on the bow with the 3n1 transducer on the troller. An old gen 1 hds8 at the console with the LSS-1 (I think) transducer; could I put another elite ti2 at the console and use the old LSS-1 transducer?

If not, what would happen if I mounted two elite ti2’s both with the 3n1 transducers and wifi’d them together? I want to be able to use structure scan and down scan from both positions depending on where I’m seated. I don’t like the structure scan on the rear of the boat when I split the screens while fishing from the front.

i hope this makes sense....

2. Member
    In theory you can use the LSS-1 but you would need a Y-cable that only sells in bundles with unit and ducers. So in a more practical aspect you are looking at new transducer for the new Elite Ti2. As you say Elite Ti2 can share sonar over WIFI, but only 2D. StructureScan does not share over WIFI.

For total flexibility you still need HDS and ethernet. Elite Ti2 shares 2D and maps, but with a few limitations.

3. Member
    It was more the map sharing between the units than the sonar. I wasn't sure if it would require the units to share a single transducer while linked or if you could still have them linked for mapping while running independent transducers.

4. Banned
    I was under the impression that 2d down scan and side imagining was wireless network on ti2 please point me to where you found info that it wasnt

5. Member
    Can the ti2's share waypoints?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdfisherman1995 View Post
    I was under the impression that 2d down scan and side imagining was wireless network on ti2 please point me to where you found info that it wasnt
    Navicos Product Manager

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    Can the ti2's share waypoints?
    Yes.

8. Banned
    Ok that doesn't give with their marketing I don't care who heard what from where show me it in writting that only 2d and down scan are wirelessly networkable

9. Member
    Ok that doesn't give with their marketing I don't care who heard what from where show me it in writting that only 2d and down scan are wirelessly networkable
    I could not care less what you think you have seen in whatever marketing-material is out there. I base my information on just about any available source apart from marketing.

One such source is the manual. But since you know these units so well from the marketing you probably did not read that. I suggest you do, and take special care on page 121.

And while we are at it - I wrote they will not share StructureScan. That includes both SideScan and Downscan.

10. Banned
    See that's a viable answer your first was not and I must have struck a nerve get a little thicker skin man.and never said I knew the units very well I'm debating buying them and I may not now. Also if you're in any shape or form associated with lorwance I most likely won't ever do business with them.

11. Member
    Wow, you really don’t like to be corrected. No, I’m not associated with Lowrance, other then using their equipment and knowing several Navico-employees. That last part is related to my answer in #6.

12. Banned
    I said that i was looking for the info you provided your first response to me did not provide that

13. Member
    I said that i was looking for the info you provided your first response to me did not provide that
    Damn, man....take a Chill Pill.... Was it the cold? Very few know these units better than TC....You can pretty much take what he says as gospel.

14. Member
    Just my observation..but TC comes off as being an a!!hat on more than one occasion...

I've read quite a few of his responses that seemed pretty pointed/arrogant. Good to know he isnt allegedly connected with Lowrance...

15. Member
    May I ask what I wrote that was arrogant? In my eyes I simply answered questions.

My answer in #6 is correct. Get invited to product launches for the big brands and you will get to talk to the people behind the products.
    My answer in #9 is a consequense of having to document my answer, so I read the manual to find the documentation asked for in #8.
    Last edited by Team Colibri; 02-05-2019 at 01:20 AM.

16. Banned
    Right I was saying the answer where you documented your answer was what I was looking for. Everyone and there brother hears something form some one and then it's taken as God's word. I work in feild where you have to provide documentation to back up what your saying.

17. Member
    Right I was saying the answer where you documented your answer was what I was looking for. Everyone and there brother hears something form some one and then it's taken as God's word. I work in feild where you have to provide documentation to back up what your saying.

Documenting a discussion at a productlaunch is not something I would normally do, apart from my own notes used for the articles I (occasionally) write. In this case I just got lucky by doing a search in the manual.

In #15 I was fishing more for the reason for Fastbirds rater bold statements about my person.

18. Member
    Found this post and the answer to my question on what information can be shared wirelessly. Thanks for the laugh gents.