Magic formula to clean a hull ?!

I have a 2003 Stratos Pro XL 201 - white hull. My question to those who have a white boat , what is the best practice clean your boat? Is there a better product or way that eliminates sun fading or helps to put a little shine back into the gel coat of your boat? Polish ,wet sand buff ???
    Any help would be great
    2003 Stratos 201 XL Pro
    2005 Mercury Verado 250
    Hds5, Hds9, Hds 9

2. DewRonInc
    I use a porter cable orbital polisher, high grade cleaner wax, had very good success

3. Member
    Booyah hull cleaner. Best product I have found.
    2005 Z21 Comanche Yamaha VMax 250HPDI

4. Member
    Some people use toilet bowl cleaner. I have used On-and-off cleaner it takes everything off. Including your trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by doctor-wedge View Post
    I have a 2003 Stratos Pro XL 201 - white hull. My question to those who have a white boat , what is the best practice clean your boat? Is there a better product or way that eliminates sun fading or helps to put a little shine back into the gel coat of your boat? Polish ,wet sand buff ???
    Any help would be great
    It all depends on what the current state of your boat/gel is. Without pics of your boat all “suggestions” may not be good usable info. Example: hull cleaner may not be needed, waxing if you have oxidation is useless...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-wedge View Post
    Any help would be great
    theres a cleaner that Canadian Tire use to carry in the boat section. It was a hull cleaner, came in a blue spray bottle if I remember correctly. It was magic, spray it on leave if for 5 min scrub and rinse. It was kinda strong, you didn't want to get it in your face, I think it had a mild acid in it. It didn't harm the gel coat and worked just as good on aluminum hulls as well.

7. Member
    I have seen people use a very very wet sand paper as well? Is that something to think about. The gel coat on my boat is great for the age , just looking to make it sparkle again
    Thanks
    2003 Stratos 201 XL Pro
    2005 Mercury Verado 250
    Hds5, Hds9, Hds 9

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    It all depends on what the current state of your boat/gel is. Without pics of your boat all “suggestions” may not be good usable info. Example: hull cleaner may not be needed, waxing if you have oxidation is useless...
    This. If you use anything with the words "hull cleaner" you MUST follow up with a good wax/sealer. Hull cleaner is acidic and strips the gel of all protectants. That's fine as long as you follow up. I'm no expert but certain of this much. We really need to know the boat's current state to be more helpful.

9. Member
    2 coats of protec after and you will be all good.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    This is the only correct response here. Listen to Crank. He does this for a living.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatKev View Post
    This. If you use anything with the words "hull cleaner" you MUST follow up with a good wax/sealer. Hull cleaner is acidic and strips the gel of all protectants. That's fine as long as you follow up. I'm no expert but certain of this much. We really need to know the boat's current state to be more helpful.
    This^^^

If your hull is stained/yellowing, use Starbrite Hull cleaner and then sealer wax. Make sure you do every square inch and lay it on thick because any section of hull not sealed will stain the first time out worse than before. But done right it can make your hull like new. And yes this will not fix oxidation.

I would also recommend using Bass Boat Saver to keep to looking new after you put the time into cleaning it.

12. Member
    I got tired of tannic water stains on my white hull so I had a fiberglass repair shop wet sand my hull and apply wipe-nu to my hull (below the stripes) and detail then wax above the stripes. Awesome product, lasts for 5 years. I have had absolutely zero stains in last 12 months and scum lines come off without any effort. Of course, with wipe-nu on the hull you need to keep the bow strap attached when launching/ loading.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    This is the only correct response here. Listen to Crank. He does this for a living.
    This!

14. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdwo2212 View Post
    2 coats of protec after and you will be all good.
    This, at the end of the day the water line just wipes away clean leaving nothing behind, great stuff.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

15. Member
    Vinegar and water works great!
    Johnny
    "Short Brown & Round"

Sun Tropic Outdoors & Shooting Team

16. Member
    I kind of have the same problem with my white haul should a Magic eraser work?