On Water Sonar Training - Metro area

Hey guys, I was curious if anyone knew of any sonar classes, or on the water training in the Minnesota metro area? I have a solid basic understanding of my electronics, but am looking to improve and would love to go out with a guide for a full day to really learn some more advanced stuff. I had run Garmin up until now, but I switched over to Lowrance Elite Ti2's for the upcoming season.

I would love to hear any thoughts?

Cheers, Jay

2. Member
    Josh Douglas does or did offer sonar tutorial days on the water. He's a big Lowrance guy too. He's got a website and is very active on social media; he's easy to find.

3. Member
    Awesome! Thanks for the lead, I’ll definitely check out his site!

4. Member
    Yes, hit Josh Douglas up! When he's back in town off the FLW Tour schedule he guides on Mille Lacs and does Lowrance sonar training. You can contact him through his website and he's also responsive to messages on Instagram.

5. Member
    Anyone know of a Humminbird guy willing to give advanced training on the Solix units? I know I can get more out of them than I do.

Thanks

6. Member
    Look up Scott Peterson. He's a diehard 'Bird guy who gives seminars about electronics. Scotty is a great guy and great teacher.

7. Member
    Aaron Teal at In-Tune Marine offers on the water too. Full or Half days on whatever water you want. Great Guy and know his stuff. He is Lowrance also

8. Member

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TBBasser View Post
    Aaron Teal at In-Tune Marine offers on the water too. Full or Half days on whatever water you want. Great Guy and know his stuff. He is Lowrance also
    I’m actually in the process of purchasing a boat from him. Great guy! I’ll have to talk to him about that.

10. Member
    What you getting?

Quote Originally Posted by M1RT View Post
    Look up Scott Peterson. He's a diehard 'Bird guy who gives seminars about electronics. Scotty is a great guy and great teacher.
    +1

12. Member
    What you getting?
    Just purchased a 2018 189 TRX from Aaron/In Tune, with an Evinrude 150 G2. Gorgeous boat. Can’t wait to get it on the water!

Now the long wait begins...

13. Member
    I know the boat with the Green Stripe. Congrats.

14. Member
    I know the boat with the Green Stripe. Congrats.
    Yep, that’s the boat!

15. Member
    Hey guys! I am not a pro tournament guy but I absolutely love bass fishing and love fishing electronics. I offer on the water trainings in Minnesota if you interested. I just built a website and started a FB and Instagram account. Check it out if your interested. https://sonarsemler.wixsite.com/website otherwise look up "Sonar Semler" on Facebook or Instagram. Also if you have some cool screen shots I would like to start posting them and doing some interpretation postings.