Banned

Some more help needed on image settings

I have finally been trying to use the features on the units i bought a couple of years ago. 1198c si and 999hd si The image below is typical of most of the pictures I get. I don't know if its interference, bad connections, settings? This image was taken with the settings at sens. 11 contrast 10 sharpness low 455hz chart speed 3 or 4. I have tried changing the settings sens and it does not appear to change anything. Is it possible that the 2d side of the unit being in max mode, 200hz, and sens. being 9 is effecting the imaging? Also the water is very dirty with visibility about 6 to 8 inches. mostly just mud from the creeks, leaves and trash not so much. Sorry for the long dissertation, just trying to get in all information i can Thanks

Attached Images Attached Images

2D sonar has zero effect on Imaging, the frequences are very far apart.

The first screen shot should have a Chart Speed setting of 1.
    The second screen shot using 3 or 4 is OK.

Look at post #21 here:
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=172968&page=2
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Banned
    I see where the chart speed does not match the boat speed is that what is causing all the junk in the water column? I look at your imaging and of course its clear,clear, clear. the link i have attached is a image that has the same crap and the boat speed i believe is close to the chart speed. I will certainly check on that next time out. maybe the sens. is just way too high. Another question is what should the sharpness be set on?http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=957796

Scroll speed has nothing to do with junk in the water column. Junk in the water column and your sensitive setting does though.