Thread: Winchester SX4

Winchester SX4

Does anyone own an SX4? Would you recommend one? Likes or dislikes about them? 3” or get the 3.5” just to have that option if I want it? Found one I like for a great price. Think I’m going to pull the trigger. I’ll be using it for ducks.

2. Member
    I have a SX3 that I will not give up. 2 guys I hunt with have sx4 and are nice. My dad actually won a sx4 in a drawing and he was hammering the doves last fall. When one of my buddies, bought his the salesman told him that if you have a sx3 there is no need to get a sx4 they are same gun except more parts are made with plastic on the x4. But I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one IF my x3 falls apart.
    As far as the 3” vs 3.5”, you can shoot a 3” out of a 3.5” gun, but you can’t shoot a 3.5” out of a 3” gun.
    RANGER BOATS

3. Member
    Thanks for the info. I shouldered one at the gun store the other day and it felt the best to me out of all of them I tried. That Franchi was next. If I bought an inertia gun it’d be that one but the Winchester was just a more natural transition for me.

Pulled the trigger and ordered the gun in bottomland camo. Now the wait begins.
    Last edited by RangerAce; 02-04-2019 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Update