anyone ever raise their seats

i have a 2004 206 Elite i love the boat but as i get older its harder to get in and out of the drivers seat. i always sit on a throwable life cushion the few inches makes it easier to get up off the seat. has anyone built any type of seat riser for their boats, i plan to build one somehow and thought if someone already has and it worked well i could use their idea or build from it

2. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Whatever you decide to do, be careful! The gas tank is under the seats!!!

3. Member
    thanks, yes i knew it was there and is one of my cautions in this project. i am a few month from doing in right now we are in over a foot of snow and -20 degree wind chill

4. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Brrrrr!!!!!! Stay safe!!

5. Member
    I'm laughing right now because I do the very same thing with the throwable lifevest on my 07 200 elite. I originally did it to keep the lifevest off the floor and in the boat. The way the backrest installs it makes it hard to raise the cushion without raising the back also.

6. Member
    yes i realize i will need to adjust the back also but i think that will not be a problem

7. Member
    I've a 221 and had the same problem. I just took two pieces of 2x4 each about 6"'s long and mounted them to he stops under the seat. You want believe what a difference it makes when you go to get up.