Kentucky Lake timing question

What time of year does the shallow water bite get generally good?
    I know water temp plays into it big time but curious if it’s normally end of March through end of april?
    just really would like to catch the flipping bite before they move out
    thanks

2. Member
    First week of June is usually start of good ledge bite, so mid to late April is when I like the flipping bite and if the water gets in the bushes it's good from end of march through july

3. Banned
    Really just depends on the water level. Mid April through mid May I’d say is the peak, provided the water is up enough to get in the bushes. Lot of fun when it is.

Could be as early as March. Could last through July. Lake level is most important followed by water temp and moon phase

5. Member
    Thanks guys. Never been to KY lake but always thought about it. If I got to go might as well be doing what I love
    2014 Phoenix 920 pro xp / Merc 250 pro xs

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 59tomitriton View Post
    Could be as early as March. Could last through July. Lake level is most important followed by water temp and moon phase
    This ^

After cold weather pretty much gone and before June gets hot ... except in summer you can always catch morning / evening bank runners and flipping docks any time except winter