Banned

2. Member
    Interesting read, thanks for the link. Wish it would have gone a bit into the effects fire ants may be having on the quail populations.

3. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    In Middle Tennessee, we've lost thousands and thousands of acres of habitat due to sprawl. We've got more yotes and other predators. I haven't seen a covey of quail since 2005 (and it was a small one of about 12 birds). We need to bring them back. They're beautiful birds, delicious, and their calls are unique.

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    Excel 1751 Viper F4, Tohatsu 50 4-stroke, EZ-Trac trailer
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak

4. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    There seem to be a few coming back around here. But I haven't even heard a quail in a few years.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    There seem to be a few coming back around here. But I haven't even heard a quail in a few years.
    Used to have a covey in the fence row by my house. Several years ago on bob showed up and began whistling on top of a fence post. I think he whistled himself to death cause nobody ever answered him.

6. Banned
    Quail and rabbit have no friends and with declining habitat they have declined around here quite a bit from back in the 50's, 60' and 70's. As far as the fire ants go. They are a real problem for a lot of things and all of us need to figure out something to slow down or stop their spread. Many each state should everyone a batch of fire ant killer every 6 months or so to take out and put it on every mound you find? Maybe this would not work but we need to do something here in NC.