52" 112 Ultrex on Stratos 294xl???????

So, I've stumbled into a steal on a 52" 112 Ultrex. I'd prefer a 45", but at the price I'm looking at, I'm a fool not to buy it. However, I'm hoping this motor isn't too large for the bow? Has anyone tried this set up before? I've pulled a tape measure and it seems to be close (may impact ability to open rod locker).

Maybe see if someone has a new/newer 45'' to trade
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Worst case you could always cut the shaft down to shorten it.

i have a 45" fortrex on a 294 and there is about 1" of play in the adjustment to keep the head on the mount when stored but still allow the rod locker to open (kinda open). At 52" it'll stick back outside the gunnel so far a cover won't fit but maybe the door would open? hard to say. I know we can probably fit 7 batteries in our boat easily but a 112 is overkill for a 294 unless your fishing flowing water or you troll with your trolling motor .02

If its that good a deal you can try it and if it doesn't work shorten the shaft like stated above.
    -Justin
    2006 Stratos 294 - 200 Merc Optimax

5. Member
    I agree it's a overkill 101. That said, I'm getting the motor for almost 1/3 price. So, I'm going to tinker to see if I can get it to work. We'll see.