I am about to buy a nitro z19 .... anyone have one that runs ky lake a lot?

I fish kentucky lake a lot and I've ways had 20-21 foot bass boats but I really just want a smaller package that's as small as I can get and not feel like I've not got enough boat on ky lake .... all the other lakes I fish would be no problem

im very impressed with the layout the room and the reviews thus far .... just would love to hear a ky lake guy with a z19 speak on it ... a north wind on ky lake can make for some big rollers sometimes

money key is no issue ... I just want shortest boat I can run that is still competive and has plenty of space to fish for myself on the front and a co angler in back in tourneys and sometimes rough water ...

im just tired of hauling big boats and trying to fish docks and such in 21 footers
    Last edited by Five Loaves and Two Fish; 01-29-2019 at 03:45 PM. Reason: spelling

2. Member
    Picked up my Z19 last September but have not made it to KY lake with it yet. However, I can say with 100% confidence, that I have zero concerns about running on that lake. Obviously, with a vicious north or south wind, I’ll be extremely cautious, but I would be just as cautious in a 21 footer. I had it on St. Clair with some nasty rollers last Fall and it handled the rough water like a champ.
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

3. Member
    I don't fish KY Lake, but I do fish some fairly big waters. Beaver Lake and Table Rock. Both if these can get rolling as well. I just got my 2018 Z19 in October and I've had it on both multiple times. I was able to run pretty good in the wind and boat was long enough at 19'4" to shoot gaps running down wind. I know youll get several responses on get a Z20 or Z21 and yes they're bigger. However the Z19 isnt a short rig by any stretch og the imagination. Itll run 65plus loaded and with the 50 gallon tank that 200 will go along way. Hopefully someone in your area has one and you can catch a ride or test drive one. ( note the Z20 is only 10" longer than the Z19)
    Phil 4:19 2018 Nitro Z19, 200Pro Xs, Lowrance, Minnkota

Thanks guys ... that makes up my mind ... I've climbed all in and around the z19 and read lots of reviews and have been impressed ... I'm just tired of 21 and 20 footers ... just sold my 2015 ranger 21 ... I think I'm going to be way happier in the z19

and the price to performance and fishability ratio seems unmatched after months of research
    Last edited by Five Loaves and Two Fish; 01-30-2019 at 11:15 AM. Reason: spelling error

5. Member
    I fish ky and Barkley a lot and I run a z19. Never have not been able to run it due to big waves. On ky I always run the West side. But I love my z19. I've run from ky dam to Paris a few times and Kuttawa to south of devil's elbow. Like I said never have been not able to make it where I want too.

6. Member
    I have a 2018 Z20 up for sale if you wanna come to pickwick and try it out. 46k

Quote Originally Posted by APS View Post
    I have a 2018 Z20 up for sale if you wanna come to pickwick and try it out. 46k
    Thank you but I'm done with 20 and 21 foot bass boats

Double post
    Last edited by Five Loaves and Two Fish; 01-31-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigman78 View Post
    I fish ky and Barkley a lot and I run a z19. Never have not been able to run it due to big waves. On ky I always run the West side. But I love my z19. I've run from ky dam to Paris a few times and Kuttawa to south of devil's elbow. Like I said never have been not able to make it where I want too.
    Thanks all ... very reassuring