Reelfoot Question

Out of the blue, my old man said that taking a trip to Reelfoot for some crappie fishing is one of the things he would like to do before he dies. He is getting older and his health is not great. I am taking every opportunity I can to spend time with him. I told him that we would load the Triton up and head that way for a few days. I have never been on Reelfoot. Any advice on best time to go, what areas to target and what to use? The extent of my crappie fishing knowledge is dropping a minnow into laydowns. Any advice is much appreciated.
    2004 Triton TR21X * 2021 Mercury 250 4 stroke

2. Member
    Reelfoot is one big stump field and shallow! I would suggest aluminum boat and small motor. Idle until you learn part of the lake. Better yet , get a guide. Blue Bank Resort is a good place to look for a guide and place to stay, Billy Blakeley is an excellent guide, so is Sam Sandage, Jackie VanCleave or Josh Gowan. March through October are good months to go. Great place to crappie fish.

3. Member
    I just seen a thing on FB that is offering room and boat at a cheap price at Blue Bank resort you may want to look into that.

Another vote for Blue Bank, get a package deal. It's a fisherman deal mind you so if you are looking for posh it is not the place. If you want value for your money it's as good as any. Use the rental boats, the lake is a stump minefield. Make sure your rental has a trolling motor or take your own
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

5. Member
    Blue Bank is very nice. I’d never take a fiberglass boat there lol.
    Basscat!

6. Member
    I hired Jackie VanCleave 2 years ago on April 1. He will flat put you on fish. He also keeps you in stitches all day. Hire him for first day and then do as he does the rest of your trip. Have fun.

7. Member
    Hope that Triton is well insured.