Thread: New Prop

New Prop

Hey guys, i have a '96 stratos 201 pro xl with a '97 225 efi merc and I am looking for a new prop to run. Right now im hitting 66-67 top end and 5700-5800 rpm at wot. My boat is super slow out of the hull and sometimes i cant even get on pad. I wanna say my setback is 6" but im not 100% sure on that, it could be 4". Do any of yall have this same or similiar setup? I am wanting a prop that will get me out of the hull fast with a tournament load and increased top end and mileage would be a plus.

Sidenote: Anyone one with this motor feel like the gas tanks have holes in them? I understand that it is an older motor and wont have the mileage a pro xs or any new motor has but I feel like it could be a little better. I wanna say my stratos has 2 20 or so gallon tanks and I am almost running on fumes with a 30 mile run down and back (15 miles one way). Any extra help or knowledge would be appreciated

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the forum, and provide the Required Info each time you post. Thanks!

Good idea to also provide accurate jackplate info, engine height, water pressure, and CURRENT PROP INFO.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor