Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Weight loss progress

Well I don’t like talking about my weight, diet, etc. I feel like I’m going to jinx it haha. But here I sit 24 days in and am sticking to it. My starting weight was 328.8. As of 3 days ago I was at 314.6. Down 14lbs in 3 weeks. I am doing the old fashioned Atkins diet. My doctor recommended I give it a try but not do the induction phase. I’ll tell ya what, it was difficult the first 2 weeks. Bread and potato are my weakness. I have gotten past the carb or Keto sickness and my energy level has picked up and I sleep better at night. I’m in this for the long haul. I’ll be 50 this year and my short term goal is 50lbs, but long term is 100lbs. I have learned what to eat and how to eat. I will be incorporating exercise in the not too distant future. it is true what they say. This is a lifestyle change. If I revert back to my old habits the weight will return with a vengeance. I have experienced this 1st hand in 2011. I dropped 54lbs, but silly me I reverted to the old habits and the weight returned and plenty more. I’ve learned my lesson. If at first you don’t succeed in whatever diet you do try again.

For those thinking about a diet get a friend or relative to go in with you. I have a great support group at work, so to speak. A total of 4 of us are on this particular diet and all have seen some success. Having someone with you at lunch helps keep each other in check.

Time will tell on how this will go for me but I need to be around for a while. I’m married to the love of my life and she’s younger than me and smoking hot. Gotta be here for the long term for her if for no other reason.

Good luck to everyone trying to get healthy and if anyone needs anything from me send a message.

Brian

2. Member
    Brian congrats and thanks for sharing. Keep posting it feels good to tell people. I've been on this Keto lifestyle change for 26 days and I'm down 32 pounds. It's starting to become really easy and it will for you also! Keep up the good work my friend.

3. Member
    Congrats man. Glad to hear you are getting healthier. Next weigh in is tomorrow for me.

4. Member
    I hit 79 pounds as of monday. I have been at it for 9 months. It's has changed my eating habits completely.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basser100 View Post
    I hit 79 pounds as of monday. I have been at it for 9 months. It's has changed my eating habits completely.
    that is outstanding, congrats!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basser100 View Post
    Thats great. Today was my day 28 weigh in. I’m tracking with once a week weigh ins. Down 16 lbs. only started 28 days ago. I’ve got a long way to go but plenty of time and patience.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mpdlou View Post
    Thats great. Today was my day 28 weigh in. I’m tracking with once a week weigh ins. Down 16 lbs. only started 28 days ago. I’ve got a long way to go but plenty of time and patience.
    Good job hang in here.

8. Member
    Congrats! Stay strong. Incorporating excerise is the most difficult just because of the time dedication it requires. Start by taking the ole lady out for a walk you will be surprised how much just walking a mile or 2 a few times a week will help out! Keep us updated and stay focused. Holler if you need anything I'll be happy to help.

9. Member
    Finally got off the wall and now getting some more weight loss. Weighed 266 this morning that is 83 pounds since last may 21st.

Congrats all! After my heart attack on March 3, I got serious. I started at 288 that day and as of this morning, I am down 36.7 to 251.3! This was a total lifestyle change and the eating and exercise has become habit, which is good. Additionally, my A1c is down to 5.9 from a high a few years ago of 14.3. I am off insuline, have cut another diabetes drug in half and still maintaining my blood sugar.

If you think you cannot do it...BS! Anyone can do it. Start slow and build on your successes. It gets much easier as you go.
    http://www.minnbass.com

“A ‘Liberal Paradise’ would be a place where everybody has guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free utilities, and only Law Enforcement has guns.

And . . . believe it or not, such a place does indeed exist … It's called prison.”

11. Banned
    For you guys that have successfully taken off the weight, my hat's off to you. It takes a complete lifestyle change, and the will power to make that change in eating permanent.

My blood sugar's been going up, and I put myself on a diet the first of the week. So far I've lost 3 pounds. I've cut off all sweets, potatoes and bread. My weakness is ice cream and I'm off it. Those midnight snacks are tough on the waistline.

My blood sugar's gone down 70 points or so already, and it's stable through the night. The diabetic doctor has prescribed Victoza, a one time a day injection. So far, I'm a little jumpy with blood sugar of just under 100--and a little nervous.

We're trying our best to stick to meat and salad and lots of veggies. For me, the penalty for not following the doctor's rules is having diminished kidney function and ending on hemodialysis like my father, uncle and first cousin. It's a hellish lifestyle being stuck 3 hrs. a day 3 days a week having the life sucked out of you.

If any of you have not had a sleep study, you need to have one. You will have much better quality of life and feel better because just about every overweight male needs CPAP.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_S View Post
    Congrats all! After my heart attack on March 3, I got serious. I started at 288 that day and as of this morning, I am down 36.7 to 251.3! This was a total lifestyle change and the eating and exercise has become habit, which is good. Additionally, my A1c is down to 5.9 from a high a few years ago of 14.3. I am off insuline, have cut another diabetes drug in half and still maintaining my blood sugar.

If you think you cannot do it...BS! Anyone can do it. Start slow and build on your successes. It gets much easier as you go.

13. Member
    I have made it down to 259. I still have a long ways to go but will keep trying.

14. Member
    Good work all of you. Started at 244 in April. Been eating much better, reducing carbs and much more protein. Added hardcore hiit training 3 days a week and walking 2 more days per week. Was diagnosed with type II diabetes last year and since started really focusing on diet and exercise have dropped 15lbs and A1c went from 11.9 to 7.9. Hoping to get off these diabetes meds soon.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

15. Member
    Down to 249 now. Continue to feel great, 1 more pound will be 100 total so far.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smalljawguy View Post
    Good work all of you. Started at 244 in April. Been eating much better, reducing carbs and much more protein. Added hardcore hiit training 3 days a week and walking 2 more days per week. Was diagnosed with type II diabetes last year and since started really focusing on diet and exercise have dropped 15lbs and A1c went from 11.9 to 7.9. Hoping to get off these diabetes meds soon.
    Congrats, it's amazing how much you can help yourself by just getting the weight off.

As soon as I knock off another 10 pounds, I will have lost 100 pounds from my all time high of 368. I took my cardiologist's advice and did it slowly over 10 years. He always told me that weight that is lost quickly is quick to come back. His advise is to make adjustments in the way I eat. I really haven't deprived myself of anything...I just don't eat mass quantities every day like I once did. I'll still have a bowl of ice cream a couple times a week...just not half the carton every night. I'll order just the cheeseburger with unsweet tea NO FRIES...I don't care if it cost more. I also have IBS, so cutting out breads and gravies and stuff with a lot of wheat flour in it is easier...so that alone helps. Also cut out soda pop of all kinds diet or otherwise.

It's been a roller coaster with some 10 and 20 pound set backs but my Nazi doctor has always kept me on the path to glory. I"m really looking forward to seeing that 268 on the scale...and then on to under 250.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

18. Member

19. Member
    Down to 224 this morning. Feeling strong and better than I have in a long, long time. Hope you all are doing well with your progress.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

20. Member
    Congrats to all the weight loss guys. I have hit 108 pounds and continue to feel better. Just completed a 20.6 mile back country scouting trip for deer and never would have been able to do that without the change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast