TXP IV vs Bravo xs

Currently running a 27p TXP IV level with pad on a Blazer 190. 10 inch jack plate. Motor is 2004 250xs with a torquemaster lower. I'm in the process of installing a low water pickup. With the TXP I'm at 5500rpm at 77mph but not wot. Just can't drive it after that. Gets a little swirly. I can get to wot but briefly. Hoping the LWP will allow me to get the motor up and eliminate some of the chine. Question is. How does the Bravo xs compare in pitch and drive ability?

Before installing LW pickups and raiding the engine, you need to have adequate pressure first. You need to know what your current prop is capable of since your not spinning to its potential. More seat time. Sounds like you have a sporty handful on that 19 sled. Get it raised with adequate pressure first, then decide if you need another prop.
    Larry Eby, 2004 ChampioN 188 Elite/2003 200 Hp Vmax OX66
    "Romans 10:9"

3. Member
    Pitch wise you would be looking at a 29p for the Bravo. Driveability would depend on how your setup reacts to each prop.

Right now I'm close to even with pad. I've got the top 4 inlet holes plugged on each side of the LU. I figured if I put a LWP I could get the motor up with less chine. I reckon the prop would be close to surfacing at this point. Would more setback help?

5. Member
    Prop is already surfacing.

6. Member
    Respectfully you need to learn how to control the chinewalk first. The boat will always chinewalk, it's up to you to control it with the steering wheel.