Whats the best way to enlarge the cup holder hole, mine is way small ('13 21 XRD)

Jigsaw?

Surely some folks have done this one before..

Cut a piece of plywood with a holesaw exactly the size of the hole then put that in the hole to use as a guide for your new size holesaw

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Upgrading to Bubba cup?
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

Make sure when/if you run a holesaw...tape the area you’re gonna cut and also start the hole saw in reverse if all possible.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

gotta put that yeti mug in there. gotta represent what yeti used to

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

6. Member
    There are a few yeti style cups that fit into the cup holders.
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

7. BBC SPONSOR
    I used a file on my last 21xrd when I removed the stock plastic holders and installed custom billet holders.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

I'd use a dremel with a drum sander of sorts before I used a hole saw.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

9. Member
    Mike is spot on !! Use a rotory tool .. the preferred method would be a dotco or similar air grinder and a carbide Xmas tree burr or a barrel burr ...mark your hole diameter..bingo done in seconds !! Clear marine silicone.. done deal!! Have fun !

10. Member
    Use a hole saw. Actually what you'll use is two hole saws, This will take a minute , bare with me. You'll need a hole saw bit with long enough arbor lugs two hold the second bit. Most will work.
    Take the 1/4 inch pilot bit out of your hole saw.
    Now find a hole saw the size of the finished hole you want( say 3")
    Next find a hole saw the same size as the existing hole. It has to be the same and fit in the hole fairly tite , not a lot of play.
    Put the larger hole saw bit on the arbor first but do not slide the locking lugs up
    Now thread the smaller bit on INSIDE the larger one and line up the locking lugs. Make sure the lugs engage the second bit or you'll play hell gettin them apart
    Now you'll use the smaller bit as your guide and you'll end up with a perfect hole centered over the old hole.
    put some tape over the hole before you start to avoid any slips and scratches.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK R View Post
    Use a hole saw. Actually what you'll use is two hole saws, This will take a minute , bare with me. You'll need a hole saw bit with long enough arbor lugs two hold the second bit. Most will work.
    Take the 1/4 inch pilot bit out of your hole saw.
    Now find a hole saw the size of the finished hole you want( say 3")
    Next find a hole saw the same size as the existing hole. It has to be the same and fit in the hole fairly tite , not a lot of play.
    Put the larger hole saw bit on the arbor first but do not slide the locking lugs up
    Now thread the smaller bit on INSIDE the larger one and line up the locking lugs. Make sure the lugs engage the second bit or you'll play hell gettin them apart
    Now you'll use the smaller bit as your guide and you'll end up with a perfect hole centered over the old hole.
    put some tape over the hole before you start to avoid any slips and scratches.
    That's genius right there

12. Member
    Roto saw. Mask off the area, trace the bottom of the new cup holder and zip it out. No problem. I have done several of them. You want to cut the hole so the cup holder will fit tight or it will blow out of the boat at high speeds.
    BulletTJ
    Tim
    There is never a wrong time
    to do the right thing!