Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidebassin' View Post
    Hey, I agree that it suck for anyone waiting for something that they have ordered. I'm just sharing what I was told by the dealer. I would think they know how many people have ordered motors (list) and how many motors have been delivered/received. Therefore it would be simple math to determine how many are remaining. I hope we all get them sooner than later.
    Yah me 2 bud we can hope my boat has been here since October 2018 and still no motor and I think it's worse than most realize that are getting single motors and yah I think they know on numbers and it's a long one they just over sold.When you completely shut down a plant to convert to a totally new motor and as soon as you get plant operational the manufacturers 2019 orders start dropping a month later by the thousands across the world it's a quagmire to put it lightly and they get priority over everyone and understandable.So I hope you get yours like they told you as well as everyone else.

2. Member
    Ordered my 250 in June of 2018. Still waiting. But Mercury still advertises how great their new motors are-I guess I would have to buy a new boat to find out. Very frustrating you have to pay up front and wait this long. I had a chance to get a Yamaha SHO. I guess I should have taken it. They are months out now also I hear. It would be nice if Mercury would offer more years on their warranty or something for those who have paid and have gotten nothing. At least reading this board I know most are in the same boat as I am!
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

3. Member
    I haven't paid but I'm on a waiting list and have been since Oct. 2018. In Feb this year I was told maybe March but crickets so far. It's killing me
    GETFISHED !!!

My dealer received 4 250 Pro's since May of last year... 600+ engines on order.... I've heard of people "bootlegging" (buying directly) engines from certain manufacturers locally.

5. Member
    guy sent me a facebook link and said renegade marine, In Ky just sold him a 250 proxs four stroke last week. said a guy backed out on his sale of motor only. so who knows then.

6. Member
    called around looking for fine thread transom bolts for my jackplate and a basscat dealer said he ordered 3 loose motors in Aug which just landed. and just ordered a few more told 18-22 months.
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

7. Member
    Got a delivery from my dealer today on my two Verados a month early

I have been waiting since end of October for ProXS 225 DTS model. When ordered, Mercury said 26 weeks. That would put me at the end of April. They told my dealer to call in middle of April to see if they are on schedule. I am on Mercury Pro Team and they still wouldn't do anything for me. My point is, they don't care. When they ship, they ship. Let's hope it arrives as expected cause I traded my motor in already and don't have one! Best of luck to all who are waiting!

Michael
    2022 Triton TRX20 Patriot
    2024 Mercury PROXS 4-Stroke 250 3b435376
    HDS PRO 16, 12,
    Garmin 8616 w/ LVS34 Livescope
    Lowrance Ghost 52"
    MK 10' Raptors
    Fury 3 Blade
    DOBYNS RODS
    MERCURY PRO TEAM Member

Michael2277nh@gmail.com
    https://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w546/Michael2277nh/20190607_184215_zpsoosxfdsh.jpg

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northwoodswalleye View Post
    Put it up for bids
    I got my 300R on and if the guy backs out of buying my 250 I might take your advice and put it up for bids. Oh 300R is Bad A!!! even on my old V20.

10. Member
    I purchased it on Oct 1st. Was told December/January. April 2nd. Still nothing.

11. Member
    Ordered mine in Oct. 18. Was told this morning I am now number 6 on the waiting list. Wasn't given any credible info on when the motor will arrive. Seems like Mercury would have calculated things better .
    GETFISHED !!!

12. Member
    Do all HP ratings have he same lead times or does it vary ? Thinking about a repower from a low hour 150 EFI to new Pro XS 175.

13. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Lead times may vary- but overall will be lengthy for V6/V8 models.

150 ProXS should be a little easier to come by.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Ordered my Pro XS 225 DTS back in October, Mercury said 26 weeks, which would put me at the end of April. Mercury would NOT even give me an anticipated due date and not offer any info. To say the least, not a very happy fisherman at the moment considering I traded in my old motor after Mercury said 26 weeks out. Pretty bummed that they can't even give ANY info to my dealer, and even being on the Mercury Pro Team means nothing to them. So anyone else waiting, don't expect any info.

Michael
    HDS PRO 16, 12,
    Lowrance Ghost 52"
    MK 10' Raptors
    Fury 3 Blade
    DOBYNS RODS
    MERCURY PRO TEAM Member

Michael2277nh@gmail.com
    https://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w546/Michael2277nh/20190607_184215_zpsoosxfdsh.jpg

15. Member
    Saw the versus boats on ky lake Saturday. They had the 4 strokes on em. Guess boats get priority

16. Member
    Boat package orders are prioritized over loose engines for repower. That's just common sense business. The demand fo loose engine repowers is higher than it has ever been. Rarely did bass boat owners repower. It was usually the offshore crowd. The success of the V8 PXS has created demand far beyond what was anticipated. If you want a new V8, keep running what you have if possible and order. I would not expect to see it before first quarter 2020. If you choose to buy a new boat the wait will be shorter, but still may be awhile. That wait is influenced by the brand's volume and relationship with Mercury. The motors are worth the wait.

17. Member
    Have you recieved it?

I still have NOT received mine and Mercury will not even give me any answers of any kind! Not a happy buyer of Mercury engines. Don't tell someone 26 weeks or sooner and then not even have an answer of any kind..... Very disappointed!
    HDS PRO 16, 12,
    Lowrance Ghost 52"
    MK 10' Raptors
    Fury 3 Blade
    DOBYNS RODS
    MERCURY PRO TEAM Member

Michael2277nh@gmail.com

19. Banned
    As an ex-finance guy, I wonder if the dealers are having to pay the wholesale interest on the completed and delivered hulls if no engine was available in the last 6 months or so to complete the package? Were they also billed for the unavailable engine when the hull arrived or will they be paying the boat company for it separately when the engine arrives. Looks to me that the dealer may also be a victim in this business debacle--paying the wholesale interest out of their pockets.

Did you, the buyer, have to pay a large deposit when the boat was ordered? Or, has anyone paid for the boat and/or just the hull that's sitting at the dealer?

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    As an ex-finance guy, I wonder if the dealers are having to pay the wholesale interest on the completed and delivered hulls if no engine was available in the last 6 months or so to complete the package? Were they also billed for the unavailable engine when the hull arrived or will they be paying the boat company for it separately when the engine arrives. Looks to me that the dealer may also be a victim in this business debacle--paying the wholesale interest out of their pockets.

Did you, the buyer, have to pay a large deposit when the boat was ordered? Or, has anyone paid for the boat and/or just the hull that's sitting at the dealer?
    I bought a boat w/ a 200HP 4S PXS. They quoted me 6 weeks to delivery. It's been 8 weeks and the boat has been done for 2.5 weeks, just waiting on a motor. They refuse to give me an ETA. Boat is a Nitro, BTW so heavy volume Merc partnership.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast