N.E. Texas Fishing Report

I know some of you guys are just hoping for a quick winter. But, for now I will let you know what is happening down here.

The last few weeks have seen many cold fronts mostly coming from the west. We are seeing temps falling at night into the upper 20's to lower 30's. I have managed to get out a few times and things are looking up. This may be a sign of a short winter. At least it looks that way with the size of these fish up in the shallows.

Water temps have been from the upper 30's to the mid 40's. Water has been a bit stained with clarity being about 1 to 1.5 feet. Some lakes have been just muddied up since early Nov. We have received a lot of rain this winter. Winds have been the real struggle. It is winter.

The best baits are as always a big white spinner bait. I have one small silver Colorado blade, and one big Oklahoma blade. I have caught a few on a square bill 1.5 Inch bait as well. I have found them in less than 18 inches of water, not relating to anything obvious. Just a random chunk and wind kind of trips.

Here are the best of them...

Better luck next time !!!!
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 BEE LINE 294 by Phoenix
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

2. Member
    Man, that’s some good fish. Always enjoy your posts and reports. Keep them coming.

man you have caught some studs!
    1991 Blazer VLX-150 / 2003 Mercury 150 XR6
    2015 Ranger 521C/ 2019 Mercury Racing 300R