Livewell treatment

What brand(s) of livewell treatment(s) do you use, and why that brand, as opposed to another? There are quite a few out there - I'm sure they are not all the same. Not trying to start a Coke/Pepsi or Ford/Chevy squabble, just something definitive.

2. Member
    I am using Shad ALIVE currently, the same company that makes "please release me", for the most part they all do the same thing, remove ammonia from fish waste or chlorine if you dump a bag of ice in your live wells, keep slime coat good, etc. I bought like 30 bottles because my local academy sports had them listed at $0.99 apiece by accident. But I have also used pickling salt, and made my own fish care product with some sodium bicarbonate, calcium chloride, and a few other nutrients based off a recipe from a university professor researching fish care additives. If you want to get some stuff for cheap, google "fish care additives for fish hauling" you can get 5 gallon buckets for the price of like 7-8 bottles of fish care products marketed towards bass fishermen.. I have kept hundreds of fish alive in a 200 gal fish haul tank for 10-15 hours with these.

3. Member
    Thanks - I will look that up.