Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I had shocks on my Phoenix trailer. It towed great. At the time I think they were the only ones to have this option. Not sure now.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Nothing at all.....probably a lovely place..if it exists....
    They have great PHO in Pigsnout, ND

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Someone has to do it...

That looks like tile installer at work.

4. Banned
    Pretty sure All those things on the trailer except shocks are standard on a Ranger....as for the shocks versus rubber torsion axles.....rubber torsion suspensions are generally considered superior and are the most expensive most maintenance free axle systems....especially for boat trailers that get submerged in water......

5. Member
    Past three Boats were Ranger's and my Partner was the same from Z20's Z521's and 521C's. He and I both swapped to Phoenix this year with a 721 and a 920. I liked the overall ride of the Ranger's better but like most on here the Phoenix performs much better. Both are good rigs but it's the little changes that you get used when swapping brands. For instance the Phoenix back compartments sit back further than on a Ranger so you can't just turn around in the seat to open them to reach in. Someone mentioned the Livewell plugs which like them is a bit dated approach. I do like the Dual mount dash option Phoenix has for electronics making it so you don't need to go 3rd party.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikez521 View Post
    They have great PHO in Pigsnout, ND
    PHO'n right!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Lane View Post
    Isn’t Phoenix just a new Bumblebee?
    Built in the old bee factory but more roots with stratos. Ps the 201 stratos was the best hull of all time.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    KVD has never had a Ranger.
    Fyi...he drove them when he fished the Flw tour bro

9. Member
    Pleass bullet owners pardon my ignorance but the few older ones i rode in where scary up top. Got blown around easily. And the decks were not wide at all. Has that changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Lane View Post
    Isn’t Phoenix just a new Bumblebee?

They started out with a solid marketing plan...build a good boat, price it significantly lower than competition, higher a bunch of top pros to run and endorse the brand (instant legitimacy in the market)...introduce more models and slowly bring the price up to mirror most other brands. They must be doing something right...They sell a bunch of boats.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdawg View Post
    Pretty sure All those things on the trailer except shocks are standard on a Ranger....as for the shocks versus rubber torsion axles.....rubber torsion suspensions are generally considered superior and are the most expensive most maintenance free axle systems....especially for boat trailers that get submerged in water......
    I had to replace my torsion axles on my 2005 Rangertrail. They sunk so low that tires were scraping the inside of fenders. They were not adjustable. I have had multiple Rangers over the last thirty years and had multiple problems with brakes, axles, and the bearing assemblies on them. The Rangertrails look good but they are far from bullet proof. Most problems usually started showing up in year four.

I had the Phoenix trailer for five years and did not have any problems. It tows quite a bit smother than the Rangertrail

Basscat guy but would take the Ranger. I don't like the controls layout on the phoenix at all.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

13. Member
    A friend and fish together often, a have a Ranger Z21, he has a Phoenix 721. Wot on my ranger is about 71mph, wot on the phoenix damn near 80mph. I could eat a sandwich at 70, he has to really stay on top of his boat, granted when i ride with him, you have to say a prayer before you leave. Both of the boats you are choosing from are top notch, i dont think you could make a bad decision. Enjoy which ever you choose!

14. Member
    owned a 19'6 ranger for years and now a small bird. both good. Layout would drive my preference
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345