Mercury Pro XS 175 Broken Wire

2012 Mercury Pro XS 175. I noticed a broken wire around the mid section of the motor. It is close to where my lock n stow motor stabilizer attaches. It looks like it has been rubbing for a while on the right side where it is no longer connected. What is this wire? Where does it attach? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    looks like a ground wire,is that bolt loose it looks like it is

3. Member
    pull mtr mount cover youll find other end of grnd strap
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That continuity ground is supposed to be attached to a ring terminal, secured by the large NUT for the lower mounts (nut is under your engine support in the photo). Common with this particular engine support if the socket stoppers get worn, damaged, or engine is run down after contacting the support.

If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Information each time you post. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor