power trim problems

The weirdest thing just happened, I own a z8 with mercury 250 , i was sitting in my house with the boat in garage, A loud noise comes from garage and I go out to find my power trim running, trimmed motor up to put hole in the wall .
    it continued running and would not shut off by any of my trim controls then stopped on it’s own then after a couple minutes turned on again, the only way I could get it off was to remove power from battery.
    So..... does anyone out there have any sort of clue or idea as to what might be happening? I’m sort of at a loss here,
    any help or advice is appreciated

2. Member
    Bad trim switch at bow

Prolly got water in the one of the switches. What year model?
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Member
    Could your troll motor cable be resting on your bow trim switch?

Quote Originally Posted by nitro26 View Post
    Think u had a manual flip switch on the front.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

7. Member

Trim Malfunctioning!

I have a 2019 Z21 with the 250 Mercury 4 Stroke. Same thing is happening to me now. But when I turn off the main power switch it stops. The only trim switch that doesn’t operate with the main power in the OFF position is the bow trim switch. Could it be the switch or a relay? Any help is appreciated:)

8. Member
    Trim Malfunctioning!
    I have a 2019 Z21 with the 250 Mercury 4 Stroke. Same thing is happening to me now. But when I turn off the main power switch it stops. The only trim switch that doesnÂ’t operate with the main power in the OFF position is the bow trim switch. Could it be the switch or a relay? Any help is appreciated:)

9. Member
    Trim Malfunctioning!
    I have a 2019 Z21 with the 250 Mercury 4 Stroke. Same thing is happening to me now. But when I turn off the main power switch it stops. The only trim switch that doesn’t operate with the main power in the OFF position is the bow trim switch. Could it be the switch or a relay? Any help is appreciated:)

10. Member
    I had this happen to me at the launch ramp one morning. For me it was the trim fuse in the motor easy fix for me but if i would have known what i do now i could have fished that day. Mine was the relay on the back side of the motor. If i recall correct the relay is about $20.00.

11. Member
    Gotcha,
    The problem was the Bow Trim Switch. It is currently disconnected!
    Thank you!
    Tarz